“Good value for money for a transit hotel”
Review of A.E.I.O.U Oekotel

A.E.I.O.U Oekotel
and 1 more site!
A.E.I.O.U Oekotel
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Warsaw
“Good value for money for a transit hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel is very basic but it is quite cheap and for one or two nights on your way to or from Croatia it is excellent.
The service is not very friendly - does not even smile, but as it is a workers hotel I can understand this.
The price includes buffet breakfast. There is no air-conditioning so when it is really hot in summer it can be unbearable. But after several hours' drive we usually have no problems with sleeping.
We have stayed at Oekotels many times, they all are the same.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank marcekpl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
London, England
Reviewed July 19, 2008

This hotel is very very basic. After speaking to some locals, I found out that this hotel is located very near to one of the largest refugee camps in Austria and in a "high crime" area. Saying that, I didn't feel too unsafe, but ensured that my car was locked and all valuables were with me in my room which I double locked at night - common sense really.

Upon my arrival, I met possibly the rudest receptionist in my life. Having stayed in many "low cost" hotels around the world, I know that "you get what you pay for", but I had of hoped for at least an ounce of customer service!! The woman was rude, unfriendly and extremely unhelpful. She did not even attempt to speak any English at all simply saying "no English". My manor was polite and friendly, I work in the media and am used to "buttering" people up! But she wouldn't even crack a smile! When I was in the foyer area later in the evening checking some posters on the wall, I heard her speaking in a raised voice to other English holidaymakers. Again, she was rude to them saying: "I have no rooms, please go!" although this time she could suddenly speak some English. As mentioned, not even an ounce of customer service. When I asked for the access code for the free WiFi, she wrote it on a post it note and handed it to me, without even saying anything! I had driven over 1500 miles and was pleased to get the Internet so I can access my email, contact the office and do a little work.

Unfortunately the WiFi is VERY temperamental, and often stops working. I would say that for every 30 mins of use, you have to reset the connection about 10 times, which makes emailing quite difficult.

The breakfast room has the feeling of a canteen, but offers a good "fill up" breakfast including cereals, meats, cheeses, rolls and some very nice regional bread. They water down the orange juice so much, it tastes like water, but the coffee is fresh, strong and good.

The room is basic, but fine, the toilet and shower was clean on arrival and was fine. They only give you one towel for your entire stay however (I stayed for a week, so this was a problem!), they give you no soap either. There is, however, a grocery store opposite and you can buy most things there.

There is selection of TV channels offered for German, Polish, Italian and English guests (the only English channel being CNN but that's normal, and I have a Slingbox so I can watch my home TV, but as mentioned there WiFi is so bad it was impossible to use my Sling Player).

On one of the days, I left a little late, and noticed the cleaner unlocking all of the rooms and then leaving the entire floor unattended meaning anyone could enter your room and take your things! Also, it appeared upon my return everyday that she had done very little cleaning. All the cleaner does is mop the bathroom floor and leave one toilet roll. I had spilt some tablets on the floor, and was shocked to find them still there upon my return to the hotel in the evening, the cleaner does no sweeping at all, and there is alot of dust in the hotel, which for me was a great problem as I have a severe dust allergy.

Saying all this though, I'm paying EUR 22 a night, so for cost its good - as I mentioned earlier you get what you pay for.

Is it value for money - Yes!
Would I stay here again - No!

Happy travelling!

• Liked — It's cheap and chearful!
  • Disliked — Poor cleanliness, customer service and WiFi connection!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TheVoiceOverGuy