Pension Zur Steirerstub'n
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ibis Graz(Graz)(Great Value!)
$146
$142
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
JUFA Hotel Graz City(Graz)(Great Value!)
$105
$81
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We (two adults and two kids five and seven) stayed here for two night when we where driving to Croatia from Warszawa.

We stayed in rooms seven and eight and our kids could have one of the rooms and me my wife the other room. The hotel restaurant is very nice and with good food so we could sit there while our kids where playing in the room after dinner.

I can however for families recommend to rent the apartment only one available. The apartment had a very nice balcony and two bed rooms. It was occupied when we where there.

There is no aircon in the hotel if this is important to you...

Great location close to all nice things to explore in Graz.

Room Tip: For families choose the apartment with nice balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed a week for my first visit to Graz, following reviews on this website. This proved an ideal place to stay, handily placed between station and main sites. As a hotel, it is solidly 3 star - utterly spotless, but with the facilities of a good 3 star. The restaurant is very good indeed, and excellent for both plentiful and varied breakfast and some interesting Styrian dishes in the evening. Service throughout was careful and friendly. It isn't grand, but I felt wonderfully at home.

Room Tip: I booked a double for single use, and had pleanty of space - as well as a very cofortable bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MichaelBM
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The pension is a 10 minute walk from the train station down the main street. My mom, daughter (one year old) and I stayed here for three nights and thought that is was very clean, with a decent breakfast. We had a nice size room at the end of the hall, that was quiet (except for the dog barking one night). It was close to all the sights and the Christmas market. The staff was friendly and willing to answer questions; however, they could be hard to find at times. Overall, we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mayday19
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The location of this pension is very convenient: close to Schloßberg, which is a must, and the centre of Graz, just on the other side of the river. There are not a lot of options in this area. Room was decent size, and clean. Breakfast were very good, and had atmosphere! Please ignore the lobby, which is a turn off, making the place look like a hostel. Overall, a nice stay!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Planettraveler
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The location of this hotel/ pension is very convenient: close to Schloßberg and the centre of Graz, just on the other side of the river. Five minutes walk from the centre, 10 minutes walk from the central train station. It's a cute old building right on a market square.

The rooms (my friends and myself had several rooms) were fine. Not very big, but ok. Good mattress, which always makes a difference. Clean. Not noisy in my experience - the hotel sits on a square which though not pedestrianised tends to be quite quiet.

We were a bit disappointed with the overall service attitude, mainly in the restaurant part of the hotel. At lunchtimes we twice waited 15 minutes in vain at a table for a waitress to become interested in us. When we asked for service at the bar the response was pretty cavalier to say the least. When lunch finally got there the food was good though!

During breakfast (which was pretty good as such) things regularly ran out with few attempts by staff to refill. On both mornings my order for a boiled egg was taken by the waitress but the egg never arrived.

Don't try to eat indoors if you're a non-smoker. It's still very much the 20th century attitude of entitlement to smoke and if you don't like it, tough. Not a problem during the summer since they have a nice area outside on the square, but still somewhat unpleasant.

There don't seem to be a great deal of other places in this price range in such a convenient location, which on the one hand means this is probably the place to go, and at the same time may explain why they don't seem to need to try too hard as regards customer service...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends