“STAFF SUPER NICE”

Ibis Graz
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Graz
“STAFF SUPER NICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed last night at IBIS HOTEL GRAZ and I liked it.
Rooms are clean, position is not bad near the new station, and the price is reasonable.
People at the reception is super friendly and helpful, I will definitively come back.
I don't think is a walking distance from the center, but it was not important for me as I was there for business.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

After a 9 hour train ride from frankfurt I was very happy to easily reach the hotel by just crossing the street.
My room was ready as I booked it through accor.com all I had to do was sign a piece of paper. Got my room key.

The room :
Very basic. Very clean. Comfortable. Not too small like other ibis hotels. And that's the point behind the ibis chain I guess.if you are looking for luxury then you hv come to the wong place. Its a small comfortable clean room.
Ie no iron no mini fridge. Small bathroom. No selecrion of shampoos. Just one liquid to rule them all !
TV was 27 or 32 inch LCD. No english channels.. just BBC world. That was a negative.
Internet was for free. Good speed and good signal.

Location :
Infront of the main train station. So u can access all the city with the public transportation. Takes 15 min or little less to market area.

Breakfast was good. No luxury. Scrambled eggs. Hot dogs then cheese, cereal, jam and so on.. the rest of the day if you are hungury you will probably have to eat out the reception has food 24 hrs but a limited menu. And no room service.

Thats what its about. I payed around 250 euros for 4 days with breakfast bec I booked early off the accor website. So im v satisfied.

Staff
You wont meet a lot. One person is always at the reception.. v helpful. One lady at breakfast.. always neutral. I never caught the housekeeping personel because I was out at that time. But they took good care of the roon. Not four seasons style.. but this is not the four seasons.

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed based on location & availability on NYE (at an inflated price of course). From the reviews we were then surprised to find a very cheaply done hotel where basics were missing eg bath mat, empty soap, regular ironing facilities, flimsy plastic cups in the bathroom. The service at the reception was off putting and unwelcoming whenever we approached. The pluses were a comfortable bed & printer at reception & free wifi, but next time I would take my dollar elsewhere (airbnb for instance).

• Stayed January 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you are taking a train journey to Graz, the hotel is conveniently located at the main railway station. If you're travelling by car, there is an underground garage at a fair price.

The city transport system in Graz is well-organized, so it takes 15 minutes by tram to arrive in the central part of Graz.

But, for the same daily rate, it is possible to book a room in a few hotels closer to the city centre.

I was dissatisfied with the cleanliness, there were crumbs underneath my bed during the whole of my stay in the room (6 days altogether). Hot water was deficient at late night hours, heating was mostly poor, it took them two days to change the chocolate-smudged sheets on my bed. There is no shoe brush available in the room, no complimentary toiletries in the bathroom, not even a shower cap, and for 69 euros a night one would expect these things.

Breakfast buffet is excellent, with a rich selection of cheese and salami. The hotel staff, both the receptionists and cleaning ladies, are extremely courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, make sure you ask for a non-smoking room, because smoking-rooms are so stuff...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mirjana007
ibisgraz, Leiter Front Office at Ibis Graz, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Mirjana007

Many thanks for taking the time to offer such a detailed feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that the cleanliness was not satisfactory. Your feedback helps to show us where we need to make improvements, and in this case, increases also our awareness when we need to carry out further staff training.

We are also very grateful to receive criticism over the course of ones stay, so that we can immediately rectify any problems.

If you will return to Graz, please take the opportunity to visit us again, as we are currently renovating our rooms.

Kindest regards
Joanne and the Ibis Team
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel is situated near the railway station and so inevitably has some bars, cafes and shops nearby. The adjacent streets are mostly uninteresting, but only a 10-15 minute walk is needed to get to the pretty riverside and old city area.

The car park is underneath the hotel and is operated by a different company to the Ibis Group. At 12.50 euros, I thought it expensive, though this price is a discount on regular users' rates.

Like all Ibis hotels, the hotel is functional and predictable. The room in which I stayed was comfortable enough. The window opened and as the room was not facing the main road was quiet. Expect no extras. Ibis used to put kettles in the rooms but no longer do so, and there are also no fridges. The breakfast room looked nice, but I had to leave too early to use it.

There is free wi-fi internet in the rooms, and during my stay this worked very well - unusually fast compared with some other hotels. There is also an internet facility in the reception area, but on the evening of my visit it was out of order.

The man on reception was extremely good humoured and helpful, and took the trouble to answer any questions I had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business