“Elevator”

Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Prague, Czech Republic
“Elevator”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I parked in ground floor garage.
Any time I use elevetor it stopped in the reception floor.
Open and close door and continued.
20 sec wasted time.

Have a nice day

Miroslav

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
h2212_11, Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thank you so much for taking time to post your impressions.
With refer to your comments I would like to explain, that the elevator stops in the ground floor for safety reasons.

I am very sorry, that you have lost some time, but it is our intention to provide our guests and the staff the highest security.

Once again we are very sorry, and hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again.

Best regards

Tanja Jost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is located only a 3 minute walk from the tram stop, and it takes around 5-10 minutes to the city centre by tram. Otherwise it's also possible to walk, around 20 to 30 minutes.

It is very close to the Technical university (Infeldgasse street), within a walking distance.

The staff was friendly and professional. The room was spacious and clean.

The hotel restaurant was good too. The breakfast was a bit pricey when not included in the rate. There was a Billa supermarket just next door.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thanks so much for taking the time to post your impressions.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will share your comments with the entire team. Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Tanja Jost & Team
All over the place
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

A very good place to stay in Graz, short walk into town with a supermarket next door and a cemetry behind the hotel, we had a peaceful night! We were happy to pay the 12 euro charge for parking in the hotel underground parking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
h2212_11, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thank you very much for taking the time to post your impressions!

We are really looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at several Accor hotels before but they are usually the Ibis chain. I have heard many good things about the Mercure chain. This hotel was quite good. I wish tripadvisor allows me to give half stars because I feel that this hotel was more deserving of a 3.5 star.

I will start with the bad points. For a business hotel, the wireless internet was pathetic at night. In fact, I stopped using the internet at night because it just wouldn't work. It worked slightly better in the morning. The week I was there, the hotel was quite busy with folks from the EUCEN conference or something and I suspect it was due to that. It still reflects poorly on the hotel if their Internet gets overwhelmed by the number of guests. The other bad point is that it is 15 minutes from the city center if you walk. I loved the walk so this is not a big negative for me.

The Internet issue would have been a showstopper for me if not for the wonderful staff and the awesome breakfast. The service was impeccable and the staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were also comfortable and well appointed. The alarm clock was integrated into the TV which was a bit strange to me but it worked well. I know it is strange to mention that but none of the other hotels in Austria had an alarm clock.

I would highly recommend this hotel if they can resolve their wireless Internet issues.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SANsna
h2212_11, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

I really want to thank you for taking the time to post your impressions.

First of all It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback, therefore please be assured that I will share your positive comments with the entire team.

Regarding the slow internet connection, the reason was, that all of the members from this event used the wifi at the same time. And that was the reason, that the internet was working slowly.

We are really looking forward to seeing you soon in our hotel.

Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

The hotel is located in the messe area. Outlying Graz city center but definitely worth staying at. Adjacent to a small shopping center and a non-free parking square. There is also a pay parking garage next to the hotel entrance. On weekends the parking in the city is free. The reception desk is gracious and welcoming. Rooms are pleasant, large and inviting with modern-classic Furniture style. Rich breakfast buffet and the service is efficient and pleasant. The only problem is the missing free WiFi connection in the room, but it is common at most hotels we stayed during this trip in Austria.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
h2212_11, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thanks a lot for taking time to post your impressions during your stay with us!
We really feel happy, that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

With refer to the feedback regarding the WIFI I kindly would like to inform you, that the hotel offers free internet access via WIFI in the whole hotel aera also in any hotel room.

Once again I want to thank you for your comments and we are really looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Brasilia, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

The Mercure is a nice hotel. It is very, very clean and the room is well designed. But the service does't fit to the structure. The free internet didn't work, what made me remember the old phone xonnections. The safe box also didn"t work. The problems were not solved, even though we have asked several times during the three days stay. Breakfast is very good and well served in a modern style.

• Stayed May 2012
h2212_11, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thank you very much for your feedback.
I really feel very sorry, that the technical problems during your stay were not solved.
The hotel offers free wifi connection in the whole hotel aera, and also cable connection in the rooms.

Please be assured, that we will have the problems checked urgently by a professional.

Thank you once again for taking time to post your impressions and also for the positive feedback regarding the housekeeping. I will forward this to the responsible person and their team.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

In the meantime I send you
warmest regards from Graz