“Great reception and hospitality”

Best Western Plus Amedia Graz
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Graz
“Great reception and hospitality”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Thanks you for the professional service from the team at Gratz. It would be appreciated that the rooms get furnished with more towels and at leas 1 that is larger and individual hand wash soap than the liquid dispenser

S.

Room Tip: Request a room that in not facing Conrad Hotzer Strassse which can be quite busy from early in the m...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel was ok, its near to my work in Graz, service was excellent,cleanness of the room as well, although the breakfast could be richer :-)
nobody told me about the swimming pool at the reception, I'm very sorry about that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anastasija N
Athens, Greece
Reviewed February 8, 2014

On the first days of December, including St. Nicholas day where it's on the 6th of December, had to be in a business trip in Graz. My company booked to me a room in the 5th floor in Amedia Hotel. it was a comfortable hotel, with a strong WiFi signal and good accommodation. I liked the hotel so much as I liked Graz too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick8670
Amedia H, Manager at Best Western Plus Amedia Graz, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at AMEDIA Hotel Graz. We are so happy that you enjoyed the city of Graz and especially our hotel!

Kind regards

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 14, 2014

It took on foot from the Graz station for about 30 minutes. However, I was pleasant to have taken a walk the town. The lobby and the guest room were modern and had rich color. Breakfast also had bread and yogurt in Viking form.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amedia H, Manager at Best Western Plus Amedia Graz, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at AMEDIA Hotel Graz.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and liked our rich breakfast buffet.

It would be great to welcome you again here in Graz or at one of our further AMEDIA Hotels in Austria, Germany and Czech Republic.

Best regards

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights during a work trip. The staff was very helpfull and room where clean and nice but on the small side! Decent brekfeast but I did miss some items and the coffe machine was to slow when more then five people where having breakfast at the same time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amedia H, Manager at Best Western Plus Amedia Graz, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest,

we would like thank you for your feedback to your stay at AMEDIA Hotel Graz. As we continuously try to improve our offer and service we already extended our breakfast with for example the traditional Styrian pumpkin seed oil as a perfect combination with scrambled eggs. We are looking forward welcoming you again here in Graz or in one of our other AMEDIA Hotels in Austria, Germany or Czech Republic!

Kind regards

Athens, Greece
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently visited Graz and the Amedia Hotel was suggested by the local hosts of the meeting. Since the meeting was taking place in the same hotel, booking a room there was the most rational idea.

Despite the fact that there was an issue with my booking (even though I had a voucher from my travel agency), I was offered a room at no charge until the issue was resolved. The issue was solved without my intervention (a colleague of mine had more details on the booking, so this helped) so everything was arranged automatically. Staff was always helpful and kind, more than usual in hotels. Especially a young, Spanish-speaking man at the reception always did his best to accommodate us in each case; the rest of the staff were also really helpful in any case.

The room was rather small but really convenient and well-thought. Modern decoration based on red color, high-speed internet connection (both wired and wireless) for free, really comfortable bed and well-designed space for hanging clothes. I did not manage to use the free calling service for Greece, but did not find time to ask if special settings needed to be applied. The desk for the laptop was small but conveniently placed and there were power outlets all over the room. The bathroom looked really new and spacious, including a hair-dryer but lacking complimentary stuff like hair-cap. However, liquid soap and shower gel/shampoo was available through dispensers. It was bright white, clean and no issues were identified.

Breakfast was included in the price. It was rich enough and contained a variety of both sweet and savory stuff which was constantly replaced/refilled by the stuff. I could only note the traffic at some times, when there was not enough space for everyone (especially early at about 07.00). It seems that later things were more normal and it was really easy to find a seat. This of course depended on the program of big groups (in my case, the room was almost fully occupied by a specific group of tourists, which also caused a large queue at the coffee machine).

The Conference room was big enough to host about 30 people; we were about half than that. It was equipped with a projector and a console use for making presentations (really high-tech!), while complimentary stuff like pens and notebooks, fruits and refreshments were always available in each session. In addition, the coffee breaks included coffee and various tea types, along with really interesting sweet and savory stuff (finger food). Staff was always available for solving issues related to the conference room, which was also appreciated.

My overall impression of the hotel was really nice and I would certainly book again at the same hotel. Next time I will also ask about the free-calling facility, which I did not manage to use successfully. Price seems to be pretty normal for the quality of the hotel (little less than 100 euros per night, including breakfast), but it was paid directly by my organization, so I do not have a clear view of the exact price. In any case, I am a rather easy-going traveler, so it is easy for me to adjust to various situations!

Room Tip: My room was really quiet and comfortable; I do not know if other rooms were different or less quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vprot
München
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with very firendly staff. They even opened the sauna for me at 22:00 Uhr. Thew rooms are clean and the bathroom is huge. The place is a little bit loud with two big streets in front of it. Ask for a room with a backyard view. It is close to the place where all the Bims and busses start. A Bims station is in the front of the hotel. The breakfast is to expensive for the quality and the variety of the food. But after all it is a very good location to sleep in Graz.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business