“Terrible breakfeast”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aiola Upstairs

Aiola Upstairs
Ranked #79 of 640 Restaurants in Graz
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Innere Stadt
Graz, Austria
“Terrible breakfeast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Because of the wonderful sunny day I decided to have a brunch at Aiola Upstairs.
I ordered a ham and eggs (2) + 1 croissant + 1 semmel with butter and marmelade. Of course one pays for the location (great view over Graz) but I found the price pretty high (more than 5 €) since there were no drinks included (no coffee nor fruit juice). Well if it is was only because of the price I wouldn't complain but that brunch was SCANDALOUS for a restaurant being mentioned in the Gault & Millau guide!!!
First of all my glass of water was dirty, my semmel was still partly frozen, my ham and eggs were cold and 1 of the 2 eggs had its yolk broken (and of course coagulated)... All in all it was one of the worst breakfeast I remember in a long time.
I would advise to avoid that restaurant at all cost for breakfeast / brunch. I have never been there for lunch/diner but if they cook there as well as they prepare breakfeast...

• Hebrew first
Slovenia
“Great Cafe on the top of castle Schlossenberg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

I love their chilled out music and delicious Caffee Latte freddo,...