Stadthotel Styria
  • Pool
Dorferhof(Steyr)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very nice hotel in the middle of the main square. Everything was excellent, big and comfortable room and bathroom, clean and great breadfast. I recommended it...I've been in 3 hotel in Steyr and this was definitely the best choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is a bit of an enigma. Located in the main town square it has a traditional frontage in keeping with the towns traditional look. When you enter the corridor leading to the entrance you start to get a more modern look, which is confirmed by the modern stainless steel and glass entrance.

The reception is accessed by the lift on the first floor. Rooms are located via many stairways both back and front. There is a hotel bar and lounge but this has always appeared little used during my stays. Most people appear to gravitate to the modern bar located in the same complex as the hotel. There is a Tex-Mex restaurant on the ground floor. Again not part of the hotel.

The rooms are generally spacious, well equipped, and clean. As always in these parts the bathroom is softly lit. I have always had a comfortable nights sleep here. If you do have a room at the front of the hotel be prepared for the town clock to start to chime from 06:30 on!

The breakfast room is the most ornate I have ever seen. With a ceiling that is beautifully carved beams with the most ornate designs. Breakfast itself is fine with a choice of many breads, cold meats and cheeses, or a small selection of hot food.

While I find no real fault in this hotel, I am always left with an empty feel. I am not sure if it is the unusual mix of old and new, but while I have no concern returning, it is not on my normal favorites list.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, avoid the front of the hotel as the town bells toll every 15 minutes from 06:30.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Muchtravelled1
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Hotel is located in the town square. All though it is a very old hotel, the interior was incredibly fresh, without destroying the cultural heritage.

The room was large, modern and clean. No view from the window except for a wall.
This is a small hotel, maybe that's why the breakfast was a bit poor. But good enough.

The Staff was polite, but a portier got a bit rude on me once. Too bad they cant keep up the good service at all times.

I was there on a business trip for one week, but I would consider to use this hotel for a private Stay in the fantastic city of Steyr.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Olander
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We stayed on a Sunday night at this nice hotel in the centre of one of the most beautiful city in Europe. When we confirmed and told them that we expect to arrive in the afternoon of a Sunday, they replied that they only work until 11am, and then gave us a code to get the keys from the mailbox in front of the hotel. Since we also had a car, we weren't sure how this and the parking was supposed to work. Luckily, there were plenty of parking in front of the hotel in the main square, which were free on sundays until 8am the next morning.

After getting the keys and finding the room, we found a note in the room telling us about where to find the parking facility (EUR 6), or alternatively to park in the main square until 8am the next morning and put in EUR 1 per hour afterwards. There was also a note saying that the hot water wasn't working, and that another room at the back section of the hotel was available, with the keys next to this note. Being still quite cold, we decided to take the other room.

Even though there was no one working on the Sunday afternoon, at least they were thoughtful with the notes giving us pretty detailed instructions, etc. I think we were probably one of two rooms booked for the night because we only saw another guest at the breakfast room the next morning. We walked by the reception desk and just helped ourselves to the maps and town information that was on the desk.

Overall, the rooms are nice, the location perfect. The breakfast is good. Parking, if needed, is a little bit of a walk, but luckily we were there on a Sunday so could park in front free of charge. Since we left just before 10 am the next morning, we only need to put in another EUR 2 in the meter. They also have a computer with internet (free) next to the reception area.

It seems quite a bit expensive for the barely existing service on a Sunday, and in a small town, but I guess Austria is not that cheap. It is a beautiful city, especially walking along the Steyr River.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TripHunting
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Through a little obstacles by finding the right way to the city (in car, you`ll feel like crossing the labyrinth:-), we came across this nice hotel straight in the center of Steyr. Staff extremely helpful (this is not my ironic voice! the front desk guy was really great:-), rooms big, cozy and comfortable as well, with spacious bathroom shining with cleanliness. Rich austrian breakfast with various marmelades, bioproducts, yoghurt (low fat as well), warm bread and croissants in the morning will make you feel satisfied with every single thing here. Although finding the right way had become a habbit in this town, so it may take you some extra minutes to find the breakfast room:-)- the stairs in this hotel remind a labirynth as well:-)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple