“Delicious food, central location”

Pandana Thai Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 508 Restaurants in Linz
Reviewed December 16, 2018

Yesterday I was wandering around Linz with a friend and we stumbled upon Pandana. The entry is set back from the Hauptplatz, so it's central, but relatively quiet.

Staff was polite, portions were generous, the food was delicious, prices were appropriate (€11-14 for mains). I had the duck red panang curry; my friend had a vegetarian green curry. (Both were rated one chili. I like spicy food and found it pleasant. My friend's nose was runny.) There were signs up for weekday lunch specials. The only negative thing: the table was a bit wobbly.

We'd happily return.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We've been to thailand last year and the dishes were baisically the same. Very delicious, friendly staff and secluded outdoor patio in the heart of linz. If we were here for longer, we would definitely visit again!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Restaurant located conveniently in one Corner of the Hauptplatz.
Had the duck in the creamy, red Curry with Peanuts and litschy. They offer a cheap lunch menu.
Nice Thai People.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I was really excited to try this restaurant seeing all the 5* reviews but honestly was disappointed and not sure what all the hype was about!

The staff are soooo miserable looking and not great service.

The food was very average. My husband got chicken pad Thai (spelling?) And it came out looking like a mess, and all white. It tasted just how it looked.. bland and burnt. I got duck breast red curry with lychees. It was okay.. i make better red curry at home. The curry taste was overpowered by the duck marinade which im guessing was star anise based. But the portions are decent size. And they give you a lovely free coconut jelly dessert after the meal.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

My wife and I dined here for the third time last weekend, and I finally found my dish.
The first time out it was chicken sate for a starter, then green curry with homemade fish cakes, while my wife had stir-fried green asparagus with prawns. Delicious!

The second time we discovered their wonderful pomelo salad. My dish of stir-fried chicken and vegetable in mushroom sauce with ginger was flavorful, but I like bolder flavors when I eat South Asian cuisine.

The third time out, though, I discovered the fried tilapia in Sam Rod sauce. It's sweet peppers, pineapple & cocktail tomatoes and absolutely to die for! They filet the fish for you and serve it in pieces, riding its former self, so to speak. (Don't bother turning it over.)

Can't wait for our next visit!

Date of visit: January 2018