“long waiting times, overpriced.”
Review of Herberstein

Herberstein
Ranked #51 of 453 Restaurants in Linz
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadtviertel
Linz, Austria
“long waiting times, overpriced.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went there twice, actually. While the ambiance is certainly very nice and upscale, I found the menu definitely not to my liking. The second time, I went there to take my wife out for our anniversary, they wanted to seat us at a very uncomfortable table alongside the wall, sitting side by side instead of facing each other! What a strange idea. For 2 courses, we had to wait for 2,5 hrs. No excuses. Waiter was friendly, but not up to his task and definitely not up to the standard you should expect when you choose this kind of restaurant paying top dollar. My wife liked her food, I didn´t really. For this kind of money, there are restaurants in town that offer a lot more.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank JedBartlett

• Hungarian first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and surroundings”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A truly great restauarant, located in the ancient heart of the city. The food at the Herberstein is out of this world, the menu has flavours and items that you couldn't dream of. The decor and atmosphere is really great and there is a least one area where you can have a priate dining area for groups of 10 -12 which is nice for a business meal. It is not cheap but the best quality never is. Service is good and staff are happy to speak English. There is a courtyard area although I have not used it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DwightDEisenhower
Essex
“A real find”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A special meal location in Linz. Not the cheapest but memorable for its excellent quality of food and presentation. Had an excellent wine list but we choose to have wines by the glass for each course which we left to the sommelier and were not dissapointed. Gave us wines we probably wouldnt have picked ourselves which were all excellent. Really enjoyable meal would recommend.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Paul_Stansted
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Delicious and thoughtful menu”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed a quiet evening here during a stay in Linz, I stumbled across it walking the streets and was very glad I stopped by. My only mistake was thinking Steinbutt was a mountain goat instead of a fish, but it was delicious anyway!

1 Thank g_united
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The best meal I've had in Linz for a week's stay. It's definitely worth the high prices. Be careful if you are on budget, though you won't regret spending a bit more for a dinner here.

Visited July 2012