See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2017

The hotel is not far from the city centre, but not in it either, and it's in a quiet, non-happening alley. Otherwise, it's nicely connected by tram and bus lines. The room is nice, things are clean, and everything else is comfortable. Breakfast is decent (for me, it had to paid for separately, but you may be having a deal in which it is included).

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

I believe this place is over rated, should be a two star at best.  No air conditioning on the second floor and the only window opens to a very busy road.  Your choice, roast or be constantly awakened by street noise. When I inquired about no air the clerk just shrugged her shoulders and said that she didn't have any other single rooms available. I would like to have been informed of this prior to my arrival so that I had the choice of looking elsewhere, that option wasn't available because I had prepaid. Don't believe I will ever stay in a Goldener Adler again, I learned my lesson.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Large room but with a bad smell. We had booked a room with balcony and pay extra for this but the balcony was a yard with view to a wall. The hotel is a bit far away from the city center and is to expensive for the service offered.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Locations is fine and the people are nice. Nothing wrong with this somewhat prozaic hotel. The location just outside the centre is not the most interesting but gives a real feel for the city. They serve decent and affordable local food.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Willem V
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

This was good choice for us, as our business partner was located round the corner. In old town/city center it is Only 10 min walk. In this prize gategory this is really good hotel; clean, quiet, beds are great, breakfast ok, service polite and promt.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business