All reviews night train train station separate toilet the location is perfect breakfast was included city centre hauptbahnhof receptionist supermarket
Reviewed May 27, 2018

It is uncommon practice to let guests in when the room is not yet ready. But that was the case in this hotel. When I asked the receptionist to change the room, because I saw the room next door was ready, the receptionist replied we came too early at 12.00. The check in is at 14.00. But to give us a place for our luggage, they let us in. We were very confused. Especially because we already told them specifically in our booking that we will come at 12.00.
So there was this awkward moment when the cleaning lady cleaned the room while we wanted to rest after the long journey.
The room itself, after being attended to, was really comfortable. Our toddler slept well too. The staffs were very friendly. The location is perfect near the train station, and only few tram station away from the city centre.
Since it's a family-owned hotel, we got this more homely ambience than common chain-hotels.
We hope they sort this confusion with the check in time.The other hotel would give a ready room if available. Fact was, there was one room available, but they still gave us the not ready room. and we did not really come too early. It was at noon 12.00.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night after an early arrival on the night train from Zurich. A very short walk from the Linz Hauptbahnhof and also a short walk to the Altstadt. Very generous breakfast buffet. We stayed in a family size room for 4, 2 adults and 2 children. Decor is not modern but we were comfortable and well rested during our stay.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Kerry H
Reviewed July 1, 2017

To the good...
* Fast and easy access from rail station (about a 3 or 4-minute walk)
* Efficient wifi that could be used simultaneously with multiple devices
* Good lighting in both the room and bathroom
* Generously sized and fully enclosed shower
* Huge TV
* Restaurant and bar on site (we didn't go to either but it's great to have the option)
* Supermarket right across the street
* Comfortable walk to the main shopping street (about 15 min.)

To the not-as-good...
* We arrived around 1:00 p.m., but had early check-in priority arranged through Booking and granted by the hotel. There was push-back from the staff who said it hadn't been approved (the approval had been granted by e-mail). The room was available, so no problem, but it still was a disappointing first impression. (But the lady with whom I had the initial exchange turned out to be the nicest staff member and a positive of our stay.)
* Our room was on the ground floor (605). My fault for not requesting a higher floor. But we would have appreciated being told (warned!) that there was construction being done right outside the window every day. One morning, the construction began at 6:50. Avoid ground floor rooms: the passageway leading to the parking lot is right under the windows.
* Like many European hotels, there is no air con. That's fine. But providing a fan in the room would be a huge plus. We were lucky enough to be in Linz during a heat wave, and the room was consistently stifling. I love heat and still found it annoying. It definitely negatively impacted our sleep.
* There was no kettle. I understand that with an on-site restaurant the hotel may want to encourage [paying] patronage of it, but an in-room kettle would be nice to have. And/or a mini-fridge...
* Be aware the bathroom has hand soap and shower gel only.
* An in-room safe would be much appreciated.

If I'm in Linz again, I would likely choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if there is construction underway! Avoid ground floor room at all costs.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We travel a lot and that was our worst hotel room until now. The room we got as a family with two children (6 years and 3 months old baby then) didn't fit to the photos at booking. They have old part and new part of the hotel what we found out later on our own. At booking ,photos represented new, quite nice room and thats what we expected, but at the arrival we got old, ugly and dirty room where you feel stucked century ago. In elevator was all the time horrible, heavy smell of sweat.The receptionist had strange sense of humor Do I have to mention that the price was not lower for those conditions?! The parking place behind is reachable through small and very tight passage and you have to be careful regarding possible damage of your car. The best thing this hotel can offer is its position because the center and main station are easy to reach by feet. We are modest and non complicated people, but this accommodation for us was really disappointing.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Tihana B
Reviewed February 1, 2017

I liked this hotel very much and will probably stay here again in the future. The room was clean, dark, warm (it was -14 overnight outside), and very quiet. The shower was spacious compared to another hotel that I stayed in recently in Linz in the same price range. The TV was a smart TV, so I could watch Netflix! This is something I have never found in a hotel before. The room was small and basic (no safe, no mini-fridge, no amenities), but I really only needed a place to sleep and shower, so it was perfect for me. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was included in the room cost, but as I normally skip breakfast, I would have preferred to pay a lower room price and have the option to pay more for breakfast if I decided I wanted it.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business