“Average”

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Linz
Sydney, Australia
“Average”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were small with very small bathrooms. Reception staff were polite and efficient. We had breakfast and dinner included and both were of poor quality. This was really evident with the dinner where it was clear the chef had used frozen vegetables in the dish.

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Woodcote, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and the beds were excellent. the bathroom arrangement was a little strange in my room with the basin in the room and the toilet and shower partitioned off by a glass sliding door and wall so not a room to share with anyone that you are not really good friends with. The breakfast was good but a bit limited. The Bar prices were as cheap as I have found in any hotel of this calibre.

My only disappointment was that the rate I was charged was higher than the rate I booked on the hotel website not sure what happened but I did not notice until I was filling in my expenses.

If you are going to Linz then I would have no problems recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the business rooms with the Aircon it is only a couple of Euros more
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Read the negative reviews and did expect a show-off hotel where facts did not match the advertising fiction.
I was wrong. I would gladly come back and enjoyed my stay throughout. I would recommend it to a friend.
It is not an international 5 star hotel, but a solid 4 stars seem appropriate.
Very much liked the interior, very modern and trendy, reminded me somewhat of the W hotels and Luftahnsa airport lounges.
Cannot speak about breakfast (skipped) but I had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was outstanding.
The only issue I saw was the lady at the reception: she seemed very nice, but very chaotic. Not sure if she is a good fit for this job.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel (like many in European cities) appears quite small from the outside, its foyer is tiny compared to your usual chain hotels. But it provides great services where it counts! In the rooms and breakfast area.

It is not in downtown Linz but a short walk and for the discount you get it is really on 10 minutes walk from town.

The rooms are spacious with great bath rooms, bed and storage and nice sized TVs. The English content on the TVs is limited to CNN. But you don't go to Linz to watch TV! Internet was free, just need to get the pass code from reception.

Breakfast is classically continental but is not included in the price.

Would stay here again for business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank asweatman
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed August 17, 2012

nice hotel located a bit off the main attractions, but still in walking distance (~20 min) to city center, also with good bus connections. Very close to the university hospital and the institute of Biophysics.
Large room with new furniture, very stylish - especially the bathroom. (Personally, I would have preferred a bit more functionality, like drawers at the desk, or more items in the bathroom).
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed October 10, 2011

One of the cheapest hotels, but very good for this price! I have been there two times and had two times a different room. One was okay and the other was very very nice and modern! I dont know from what it depends which room you get? I cant remember but I think its not so far away from the centre, maybe about 15 minutes by feet?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Langley
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this hotel one night while on a cycling tour this summer. Although the lobby area is not very impressive, the room was a very pleasant surprise. The room overlooked the courtyard, was very large and very clean. Probably the quietest hotel we stayed in our entire trip. I do not know what the room cost, because our accomodations were arranged by the cycling tour company, but I suspect it was not unreasonable (based on the calibre of hotels were genrally stayed in). I would definately recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple