See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Why should a 3 star hotel necessarilly deserve to get a 4 or 5 point rating?

On the other hand, it is always a disappoitnment for the many small missing things: like a proper Internet (the signal is weaker than a dying person's pulse - I had to stay in the breakfast room to work).

However, I keep as a bright memory the very polite receptionist.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2017

Pros: Perfect location, in the heart of linz city. Just 10 minutes from Linz central station. Mc. Donalds, supermarket, diners nearby as well. Owner is a very Friendly guy, and the breakfast is simple and good.
Nice classical decor and varies from room to room.

Cons: No beverages, no toiletries (except soap) and no English t.v channels available in room. Also, my room key was exactly similar to one on the second floor, so this is an issue.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2016

We stayed our first 2 nights in Austria in this ""Hotel Garni"" and found the location very central to all requirements (Museum, Square centre, churches). It is within walking distance of various & lovely restaurants and bars.
This was a very friendly and helpful Austrian experience though the hotel and it's facilities a bit old fashion style but were well placed
for a very comfortable stay. (breakfast buffet)
We would definitely return to this property and would recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: They do have themed rooms - we slept in ""Kamasutra"" - don't know how the others look like...
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2016

The best about this hotel is the location. But they do not offer own parking places. They just tell you that there is an agreement with a company called Kaindl in Dametzstr 7 (around the corner) where you could leave the car (for a fee of course). I can´t recall how much I paid but for three days I was charged quite a lot compared to other car parks.
When entering the hotel my kids said it smells like at the grandparents - old and smoky. And acually they were right. We noticed that smell in the whole house and the carpets and curtains in the room didn´t make it a lot better. I found it also a bit strange to see some extension cables lying open by the wall. Though there were some windows in the room the impression was rather dark and dusty. The bathroom was big but the mustard colour was a bit peculiar too. Under the bed the kids found some lipstick (from an earlier guest?). Actually I was quite happy to leave this hotel after two nights.
Breakfast buffet was arranged in a tight place and for coffee you had to be bit too patient as it ran down from the samowar r e a l l y slowly. Some of the guests thought it was empty though it was just a kind of early-morning-waiting-game. There was no one asking if you`d need anything which was not in the buffet. For hot chocolate or soft eggs you had to run after one of the ladies and ask. The variety was o.k. but even for *** I have seen already better organised breakfast rooms. Big plus: the coffee was nice and there were newspapers offered to read too.
Staffwise all tried to be friendly but didn´t seem very professional. They also seemed to do kind of everything: reception, service and cleaning at the same time. Gives the overall impression to be slightly understaffed.

Room Tip: try to get a room with no carpets
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2016 via mobile

My second time in this hotel for a week bussiness trip and this time has been a bad experience in some points of view. The wifi connectivity don't work in the thirth floor and after 2 days still not fixed. I have a broken chair in my room. On the other side, the breakfast is acceptable and the location in the center of the village is fantastic. It should improve.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business