“Cute Cafe in the Hauptplatz”

Ristorante Pizzeria RIVA
Ranked #30 of 479 Restaurants in Linz
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ate outside and watched all the people in the Hauptplatz. We each got one of the lunch special pizzas (which were HUGE for individual pizzas). Both were very good, thin crust pizzas. Everyone around us got different ones and they all looked good. I thought the prices were fair. It was a great place to sit for a few minutes and people watch.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

just amazing restaurant.we ate so much and evering was perfect!!!Thanks a lot for a perfect meal!we recomend this restaurant for every perpose!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Linz has a problem... most restaurants are closed in the afternoon, therefore the choice then is limited... we wanted to have Italian in the city center... Riva was pretty much the only Italian open at around 16.00 hrs. in the afternoon.
The ambiance is nice, it's nicer though the in summer when you can sit outside at their terrace...
Anyhow, I ordered pasta and salad. The pasta, was al dente. But I believe the sauce was out of the can... we had two different types of sauce with our pasta, yet they looked the same and almost tasted the same... the only difference was the pancetta pieces in my sauce, as I wanted amatriciana...
The service was good, however the poor guy was alone, and there were plenty of tables to attend to. I would have ordered more, if he would have had more time...

1  Thank LNZ0808
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Being in LINZ and looking for an italian restaurant? Ristorante Riva is your target.
Situated at the main square, its has the traditional Italian fare. We had a pizza and a calzone. The latter turned out to be one of the best we had eaten so far. The house wine (1/2L and 1L carafe) is very good. Tap water is complimentary!

2  Thank Murilo
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I went there sitting outside under the parasol having a good beer and a wonderful fruti di marre pizza. I recommend this place it was full of Italian people witch means it good and the view on the main square is nice. I'm going back tonight. Ciao

1  Thank Shawnystamant