Lowest prices for your stay
$97
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$97
FindHotel
$8
Hotels.com$97
Priceline
Official Hotel Site$88
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2019

The hotel has great location beside Danube River and close to city center. Breakfast was just superb, with many choices and delicacies. Unfortunately, this is were the good news end.
When entering the elevator, you realize that you're clasified by how much you paid for your room, since cheaper rooms are on bottom floors and more expensive rooms are on top floors. Rooms are quite small, with little storage. I had to keep most of my clothing in my suitcase. The staff seems distracted and doesn't really care about your well-being. At the bar, they wanted to charge us for additional drink we did not have.
What I disliked the most, was the extra charge for parking. Since I was a hotel guest, I believe I should have free parking. I was already paying for the room, I don't know why I should have an extra fee.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank SloMojca
Reviewed December 30, 2019

Nice hotel. Good location - close to city centre and in nice park by the river. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Nice restaurant with great view. Only downside is expensive parking. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Higher floor - better view
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2019

I stayed at the ARCOTEL Nike in Linz for two nights (Thursday and Friday) on a business trip, so I did not have time to explore much of the hotel or the area. Check in was quick, but the system that makes the key cards was down and someone had to let me in to my room. I was able to pick up a key in the morning. The staff was friendly, and I did not have any trouble using English. The location right on the river makes for some great views if you have a room that faces it.

My room was 610 and did have a view of the river and the park area. It was a good-sized room with a comfortable queen bed. The comforter was much smaller than the bed and I am glad I am not taller…the pillows were also small. I slept ok. The room also had a small closet with shelves, hangers and a safe. The safe it located up high so may be hard to use for shorter people. There was a writing desk, small TV, and a small mini bar with drinks and snacks. There was some complimentary fruit and water. The suitcase shelf was convenient. There is no iron, so I had to steam out wrinkles.

The bathroom set up was a bit awkward with a large step needed to get in the tub. It is a long reach to turn on the water from outside the tub. The tub drain was very slow, and I needed to remove the plug, or the tub would fill up during a shower. There was soap, shampoo, and body wash. They also had a little kit with q-tips, makeup stuff, and some other conveniences.

I ate the breakfast buffet both mornings. They had a good selection of coffees, tea, and juices. There were American-style breakfast items along with fruit, fresh bread, pastries, hot and cold cereals. This is one of the better buffets I have seen on my few trips to Europe. I did not go to the bar in the evening, but it looked like a happening place and was full both nights.

I would consider staying here if I was in the area again.

Room tip: Get a room facing the river
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the renovation of the Arcotel’s lobby and restaurant. I have stayed there many times and appreciate the location, facilities and convenient. I love the view of the Danube day and night.

Breakfast seemed much improved by the renovation. Good job!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2019

we were traveling through Linz and needed hotel for one night. This one was reasonably priced and not too far away from the city centre (having said that it is 30 minutes walk from the train station).
the check-in was quite haphazard, it took reception person about 10 minutes to check in the person in front of us - this for some reason required several walks to the back office and back.

Our room was on the first floor facing danube, as such view was quite pleasant. As there was no air conditioning we had to open the window - it almost fell on me when I tried to open it. Windows clearly need replacing and fixing.

The hotel caters to the tour groups on the bus, Linz cruise terminal is also right in front of the hotel, so there was some noise all throughout the evening and late at night. Look for something else if you want quiet hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
arcotelnikelinz, Front Office Manager at ARCOTEL Nike Linz, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry for the inconviences at check-in. Unfortunately sometimes there Check-Ins which takes more times than others

The ARCOTEL Nike Team would be honored to welcome you soon again.

Kindly regards,