All reviews stayed nights hotel is modern pleasant stay the river train station sponge balcony austria city
Reviewed April 8, 2017

Ended up with a room on the top floor which was large for hotel standards, it had a small sink so was more 'suite' style. Bathroom was quite small but big enough. The whole room was modern and clean. Would stop here again.
Only down side was the high price of breakfast given the price charged for the room.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

Located across the bridge that takes you to Hauptplatz, so a relatively short walk takes you to a nice area of restaurants and the Xmas market.

This hotel is modern inside and out. The lobby furniture is particularly trendy in color and shapes.

Rooms are very comfortable. Furniture is simple yet modern.

Bathrooms are great: good quality hair dryer and plenty of toiletries.

I'm told there is a gym inside the building with a sauna. Unfortunately I didn't manage to try it out.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We stayed 5 nights at the Spitz and could not have felt more comfortable. Our room on the fifth floor (512) was spacious with a nice seating area, plenty of closet space, a balcony, a super comfortable king size bed, and a very clean bathroom. We had breakfast every morning (at an additional charge) and the buffet offered a nice variety of cold cuts, cheeses, cereals, yoghurts, fruit, juices, and delicious fresh breads. You could also order egg dishes (scrambled, over easy, soft boiled) and my husband was able to get gluten free rolls, too. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely stay at the Hotel Spitz again on our next family visit to Linz.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Great to return to a hotel that is starting to feel like a second home. The service is great with a decent breakfast. Rooms are well appointed and staying at the back of the hotel guarantees a quiet night. Location is perfect: super close to Ars Electronica centre, tram stop & walking distance to everything one could possibly need to experience the beautiful city of Linz. Highly recommended and remember to book a year ahead if you are in Linz for September festivals.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2016

I normally stay in the middle of downtown when I come for business but this trip all hotels were booked but I managed to find a room at the Spitz. I was concerned at first due to the look of the location as there wasn't much in terms of restaurants or anything else around but the hotel was really nice. I didn't try the breakfast but my colleague told me it was all cold dishes. The room was spacious and comfortable. Everything was very clean. The bathroom was a bit odd because the shower had a glass side which looked into the bedroom. My room was on the 6th floor and had a large balcony with a table, chairs, and ashtray if you wanted to smoke. On the 7th floor there was a sauna and a small gym which came in handy. Once you crossed the bridge over the Danube you were in the center of town and it wasn't that far of a walk to get to lots of shops and good restaurants. Due to it being so close to the river the view was much better of the countryside and it's a great location if you're a runner or just like evening walks. I'd stay again. The staff was friendly and it's a great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business