“Good hotel for transit and visit Linz”
Review of ibis Styles Linz

ibis Styles Linz
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Linz
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good location near city center of Linz and close to highway A1.
Nice refurbished hotel.
Free wifi, free parking.
Small but well equiped rooms.
Very good and various buffet brekfast.
Small swimming pool in the garden.

2  Thank arhitectglobetrotter
all_seasons_Linz, Manager at ibis Styles Linz, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Styles Linz. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Johann Kaiser
General Manager ibis Styles Linz

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I needed a hotel in Linz as I was passing through the area driving and needed a place for a night. From the reviews on TripAdvisor, the (very well taken) photo, and the fact that it was rated #2 in Linz I figured it would be a good option and was looking forward to it--until I arrived. I wonder if they are filing fake reports on TripAdvisor to boost their ratings?

They say the road to hell is paved with low expectations, and I wonder about the other hotels in Linz, and the people who stay here. I have spent a great deal of time in other Austrian cities but never been to Linz; all of the others (except Graz which is a dump) are quite nice, but I think I will skip Linz from now on.

The hotel is quite far from the town center, I thought it would be walking distance; the receptionist is unfriendly, doesn't seem to speak German or even know where her hotel is exactly on the map, and seems to think she needs to explain that you should take the key to your door out and bring it with you when you enter...really you need to explain this??? Well seeing as the other guests seem to all be from the Eastern Bloc and literally a bus of Italian pensioners, maybe she does need to explain...and the high ratings make sense as well. The hotel is far from new and a bit depressing really, and the pool is no where near as nice as the picture makes it look...I don't know if there is anything better than this around in Linz, but next I'm passing this way I think I will just head to Bavaria before checking in to a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HappyGuy2
all_seasons_Linz, Manager at ibis Styles Linz, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear guest!
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Linz..
We are very sorry that you didn´t enjoy your stay and we would like to apology for any inconveniences.
We strive continuously to improve the quality of our services. Our major aim is to have satisfied customers who enjoy their stay in Linz. I will share your comments with our team to ensure further improvements
Please let me also assure you that we do not file any fake reports. All comments have been written by guests and show their opinions about the hotel.
With best regards
Johann Kaiser, General Manager

An Accor traveler
Louvain
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I see a lot of hotels and this one stands out for its quality. You can see lots of things that are very thoughtful.

The buffet dinner and breakfast was excellent

The hotel is really close the tram if you want to get into town

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very good location by car. Very near to A7 route. No parking problems. Friendly for families with children. Good service. Not expensive. Breakfast was great. A good choise for a stopover, even if you don't intend visiting Linz. Tram connection to the city center just behind the hotel. There is a swimming pool that we didn't have time to use unfortunatly.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I and my husband went on a weekend trip to Linz. It was no problem at all to find the hotel, but when we arrived at 1 pm the lady at the reception said it would take at least one hour until the room would be available and that we'd rather go and check out the city centre. We asked for the "Linz Card" as we knew that this hotel offered it and that public transport would be free with it - but it was sold out, so we had to pay extra for the trip into town. In the evening we ordered a cocktail at the hotel bar, but the staff are obviously not trained to mix those and they even said so! In general the hotel was very nice, the room clean and nicely designed and the breakfast really good. The staff at the reception were friendly, but the staff in the restaurant were a bit moody. All in all we had a nice time, but I`ve also had better experiences.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed for a night with my family (2 rooms). Nice functional hotel. Good breakfast. Located a little far from city center but good tram connection. Friendly staff. Recommended for short stay in Linz while traveling in Austria.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family