“Excellent budget accomodation”

Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Linz
Denmark
“Excellent budget accomodation”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

There are many good points about the hotel. It is very centrally located, my room was spacious and very clean. It was shared shower and toilet facilities but I didn't find this a hardship. In fact, maybe I was just lucky but I never found either occupied!

The breakfast was pretty good too. I arrived early morning but was allowed to leave my case there until check-in time. The only reason really I haven't given a 5 rating is the erratic wi-fi. It was always ok down in the common room but I didn't want to sit down there with the smokers. In the room it was very hit or miss, so if I wanted to be sure of getting on-line, I had to leave the room, lock it and head downstairs.
Overall though I would have to say it was a pleasant experience staying here and I would certainly recommend it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Metairie
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were only stopping through for one night on our way between Salzburg and Budapest. We wanted a location near the train station to make travel more convenient. We walked easily to the hotel from the train station. We were early for our check in, but our room was empty, so the allowed us to store our bags in our room, change for the day, and they cleaned the room after we had left for the morning. The room was quite large, the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom had a high end feel. The hotel was close to everything, we walked into the Center for dinner and it took less than 10 minutes. It was just far enough out that it was quiet, even though we were on a heavy street traffic road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Budapest
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's not the best hotels i stayed in, but for one night or two it's OK. The shower in the room is not the bets idea i'd say; your room gets all steamy and smelly. Go for the one with shower on the floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PImre
Jakarta
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed there for a short trip, and i love the originality of this place. The hospitality made me feels like home.
The breakfast was fresh and vary! I tasted different cheese and ham like everyday! :)
totally recommended, and would love to stay there again and again..

• Stayed April 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Good location close to the train station, clean, and good value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2009

When I arrived I was asked to pay cash in advance, and I agreed. I then saw the room that I had reserved "with a shower." It did have a shower that looked like it had at one time been cleaned, but a communal toilet. I had stupidly assumed that I would have my own toilet to go with the shower. The toilet was down the hall and there were cigarette burns everywhere. There was no soap to even wash my hands in the room. The sheets had holes in them. The only other guest we saw looked truly scary and possibly drunk around noon on a Monday. The downstairs smelled terrible, maybe like rotten food. To their credit, this hotel did refund part of my money, but not everything. I was so happy to be leaving that I consider it part of the "learn to check the room before I pay" tuition fee. I really felt uncomfortable here, and if I had stayed I would have been worried about the room locks. I wouldn't let any of my friends stay here. It honestly felt quite creepy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nindubsar

Travelers are raving about these Linz hotels