“Lovely staff and great food”
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
Ranked #7 of 451 Restaurants in Linz
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely staff and great food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Very good Indian food with friendly staff. Great service, and a very nice outdoor setting if weather is good. We were a party of 12, and made to feel very welcome. The nicest place we dined in Linz.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Runa B

Denmark
“Excellent curry but a bit pricey.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After checking on Trip Advisor I thought I'd give it a try. I chose I think it was called Bombay Palace lamb to the chef's one recipe. The meat was tender and fat fee and the sauce delicious. Complimentary poppadoms to start. So in my many years of eating curry, this was as good as I've ever had. It is a tad expensive, 14.90€ for the curry and 1.80€ for rice. So with a coupler of drinks, my bill came to 22.20€. I got the tab and handed 25€ over to the waiter. My intention was to leave the rest as a tip. I waited and waited for my change to come but it didn't .Now I was getting a little annoyed as I don't expect waiters to just assume they can keep the change. I like it to be offered back to me for me to decide. So after enquiering where it was the waiter brought it to me and explained that the other waiter had forgotten. Well I didn't really buy into that one. If someone gives you 25€ it's unlikely the bill would come to that exact amount and you would check it. So when my change did arrive, I didn't leave a tip at all on principle. So having had a superb curry, relaxed and up until the fiasco with the change had good service, it was such a shame that I was left to feel rather taken for granted. Hence only 4 rating instead of 5.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank PeterDane
Kingston, Canada
“One of the world's best”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have eaten Indian food in probably 20 countries and this place rates up there, maybe better than the India Café in Nelson NZ. The maitre'd made a point of sitting down with us and asking us our preferences and then 'designing' a meal for us. It was superb... nouveau Indian but traditional too. Don't miss it.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank nhojPaterson
Linz, Austria
“Good, thoughtful, but quite pricy”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited Bombay palace several times and the food (lamb, chicken and veg) is very good. Try the tandoori stuff (they have a real tandoori oven). It's quite pricy because side dishes like naan and rice are charged extra.

1 Thank Michael W
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“good indian veg food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

this is the only hotel where u can find good indian veg food with reasonable price. very good hospitality, good and cooperative staff and infact good food. the place is also near to courtyard marriott hotel, so u can reach there by walk or by city bus. the location is also near to the main market. so u can also shop and then take the lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2012