Pension Hallberg
$311
Agoda.com
$120
Dormio Resort Obertraun(Obertraun)(Great Value!)
$127
Gasthof zur Post(Bad Goisern)
$104
$146
  • Pool
$111
Seewirt Zauner(Hallstatt)
Hotel Goisererhof(Bad Goisern)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall roomlake viewtop floorin towngasthof zaunerpensionrestruanthostkettleferrysquare
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Even though my first impression while communicating with the owner with email was not so good (just like other people, the way he writes with english feels not so polite and the fact that I have to pay 100 euros in advance with my credit card which charges commission fee made me feel bad.) after I met him and saw my room, I just felt so good. Room was wonderful and the view from my room was gorgeous too. The owner explained and recommended places in hallstatt with the map and I just felt him as if he is my grandpa :) At the last, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank miniminseo
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights in room 6. We used the little kitchen a time or two. The view is wonderful. We appreciated the parking right there at the pension. We took little day trips to visit other areas & lakes but always spent the afternoons in Hallstatt & found it the prettiest of towns. The owner is quite helpful & has a very interesting collection in the pension of things he has found in the lakes scuba diving for 20 years. Really a historical collection! We would recommend staying here & would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our experience of Pension Hallberg was extremely pleasant.

From the initial prompt response from the owner & manager Eckbert over the phone (great English) and email through to our induction upon check-in - Pension Hallberg was a great experience in an amazing location.

We stayed in Studio 6 which has excellent views of the lake and and beautiful sitting deck (bi-fold windows to experience the fresh air). Excellent value for money.

We travelled with our 4mth old and although I hadn't requested it - Eckbert & his wife had taken the initiative and provided us with a cot/crib which was very much appreciated.

The location was surperb (don't worry by not being "on" the town square as it is a tiny place & literally 60meters down the road to the square) and the lodging a true Austrian Lake experience.

Eckbert provided valuable advice on the local sights etc and very helpful throughout our stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Studio 6 was lake view & quite large. It is up 2 flights of stairs however...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CamelSD
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pension Hallberg is a lovely pension with great views onto The lake. The hosts are very nice and helpful. Try and ask for a room with a view onto the lake, It is simply stunning early in the morning and late at night. We have stayed here on two occasions and have not been disappointed. the last time we visited in Sep 2012 we even experienced thunderstorms and the heaviest rain I have seen. This still did not dampen our enthusiasm and love of Hallstatt. Our room( the honeymoon suite I think) had a raised bed to optimise the view of the lake. Hallstatt is a Unesco World heritage site, and can get quite busy with tourists, The centre is pedestrianized and this is the only drawback in getting to and from your hotel as you have to arrange to get a pas to bring your car in. There is a stillness and serene quality about Hallstatt that I have not experienced anywhere else. There is plenty to with Boat trips on the lake, the salt mines and nearby Dachstein. Note cash only is accepted in the pension. There are some nice restaurants in the town especially if you like Fish. Yu will enjoy your stay like we did in Beautiful Hallstatt

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon room with view of the Lake
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a wonderful stay in this pension. The host couple are welcoming and helpful. I stayed in the very spacious double room. It is very clean and with nice interior settings. The lake view is stunning. It is just happy to wake up with the most beautiful lake view every morning. Wifi connection is ok but not for uploading lots of photos. Euro 100 will be charged when you make the booking. And, You have to settle the rest in cash.

I will stay here again if I com back to Hallstatt.

The last train arrives Hallstatt station should be around 6:40pm and you should be able to catch the last ferry to Hallstatt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo