“Fairly good!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hallstatt B&B and Inns
오스나브뤼크, 독일
“Fairly good!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Even though my first impression while communicating with the owner with email was not so good (just like other people, the way he writes with english feels not so polite and the fact that I have to pay 100 euros in advance with my credit card which charges commission fee made me feel bad.) after I met him and saw my room, I just felt so good. Room was wonderful and the view from my room was gorgeous too. The owner explained and recommended places in hallstatt with the map and I just felt him as if he is my grandpa :) At the last, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank miniminseo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights in room 6. We used the little kitchen a time or two. The view is wonderful. We appreciated the parking right there at the pension. We took little day trips to visit other areas & lakes but always spent the afternoons in Hallstatt & found it the prettiest of towns. The owner is quite helpful & has a very interesting collection in the pension of things he has found in the lakes scuba diving for 20 years. Really a historical collection! We would recommend staying here & would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Queensland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our experience of Pension Hallberg was extremely pleasant.

From the initial prompt response from the owner & manager Eckbert over the phone (great English) and email through to our induction upon check-in - Pension Hallberg was a great experience in an amazing location.

We stayed in Studio 6 which has excellent views of the lake and and beautiful sitting deck (bi-fold windows to experience the fresh air). Excellent value for money.

We travelled with our 4mth old and although I hadn't requested it - Eckbert & his wife had taken the initiative and provided us with a cot/crib which was very much appreciated.

The location was surperb (don't worry by not being "on" the town square as it is a tiny place & literally 60meters down the road to the square) and the lodging a true Austrian Lake experience.

Eckbert provided valuable advice on the local sights etc and very helpful throughout our stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Studio 6 was lake view & quite large. It is up 2 flights of stairs however...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CamelSD
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pension Hallberg is a lovely pension with great views onto The lake. The hosts are very nice and helpful. Try and ask for a room with a view onto the lake, It is simply stunning early in the morning and late at night. We have stayed here on two occasions and have not been disappointed. the last time we visited in Sep 2012 we even experienced thunderstorms and the heaviest rain I have seen. This still did not dampen our enthusiasm and love of Hallstatt. Our room( the honeymoon suite I think) had a raised bed to optimise the view of the lake. Hallstatt is a Unesco World heritage site, and can get quite busy with tourists, The centre is pedestrianized and this is the only drawback in getting to and from your hotel as you have to arrange to get a pas to bring your car in. There is a stillness and serene quality about Hallstatt that I have not experienced anywhere else. There is plenty to with Boat trips on the lake, the salt mines and nearby Dachstein. Note cash only is accepted in the pension. There are some nice restaurants in the town especially if you like Fish. Yu will enjoy your stay like we did in Beautiful Hallstatt

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon room with view of the Lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a wonderful stay in this pension. The host couple are welcoming and helpful. I stayed in the very spacious double room. It is very clean and with nice interior settings. The lake view is stunning. It is just happy to wake up with the most beautiful lake view every morning. Wifi connection is ok but not for uploading lots of photos. Euro 100 will be charged when you make the booking. And, You have to settle the rest in cash.

I will stay here again if I com back to Hallstatt.

The last train arrives Hallstatt station should be around 6:40pm and you should be able to catch the last ferry to Hallstatt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank chrishwsNYC
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Be very careful if there's a chance that you may need to change your itinerary!

We made a booking for two nights for our last trip, but due to our friends change of plans, we had to re-do our trip plans, and were forced to forsake our Euro 100 deposit(it is vaguely written in your confirmation,: "For bookings we take a deposit of Euro 100 via your credit card which will be balanced with your bill only at the end of your stay.").

We tried to change dates, or perhaps try to ask friends if they wanted to take over the booking, but Herr Winkelmann said that "to find someone else is no solution to us!". Not sure what he meant by that, though my impression was that he wasn't really willing to try.

I guess at it wasn't yet high season, and hotels were not full, the owner was very reluctant to give up any possibility of revenue, especially from foreign tourists who he knew would have no opportunity for recourse.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mnbmacleod1
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place has a very good location in the center of the town in Hallstatt. The rooms have views of the lake. Our room was roomy, basic, and clean. The house is quirky (it has a Diver's Muesum with WWII artifacts from the lake bed) and the owners are also quirky. There is no breakfast. The room prices are low and overall it is a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beebaly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallstatt
Heritage Hotel Hallstatt
#1 of 4 in Obertraun
Hallstatt Hideaway
Hallstatt Hideaway
#2 of 16 in Hallstatt

Been to Pension Hallberg? Share your experiences!