“Average fare”
Review of Gasthof Simony

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hallstatt
Gasthof Simony
Ranked #16 of 16 Hallstatt B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The Gasthof is very conveniently located close to the ferry station (which provides transfers to the train station).
The room was clean and big & the beds were comfortable. I found the bathroom to be very small and almost claustrophobic.
The breakfast is very limited spread compared to what we saw in our holiday in Austria in some of the other b&bs.
We had dessert and drinks at the restaurant. the staff did not take the order correctly and took almost 30 minutes to provide the bill for the meal. So, did not appreciate that we had to wait for so long to get the bill!!! We found the staff at the restaurant to be very unhelpful. This was A very disappointing experience.
So, in terms of the room tariff that you pay, am sure you can better value elsewhere..

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Frau Scheutz is a very charming person, she is one of the wonderful people that we keep meeting in these B&Bs throughout Europe! The gasthof itself is about 450years old and shows it's age in a very charming way. My wife and I both love Europe, but gasthof simony is where we made the final decision that we would soon move over! The veiw is incredible, the people are wonderful, the biergarten downstairs by the water is awesome, the breakfast is great and we slept like babies. We didn't want to leave a all. Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf liebe eingestellt......

Danke schön Gasthof Simony, für alle :)

Room Tip: Get a room with a veiw of The Hallstattersee!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BPW2012
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here in August 2012 for 3 nights - I absolutely love Austria and the Austrian people. Frau Schutz was no exception, her English is descent but not great and my German is decent but not great, so between the two languages she told me the history of Hallstatt over the past 60-70 years how her family owned the Hallstatt brewery (that is now a great restaurant) but had sold it to the large Salzburg beer brewery Stiegl-
The room overlooked the hallstattersee (lake Hallstatt) and was a perfect place to watch the ferry taxi people across the lake from the train stop. They have good food downstairs and a typically Bavarian/Austrian beer garten. I took multiple panoramic pics from the grass behind the biergarten beside the lake. Of all the places in the world I've seen, this was definatly on the short list of most beautiful - up there with the cinque terre, chamonix-mont blanc, and the Swiss alps. If your European adventure takes you near Salzburg, I highly recommend hallstatt and gasthof simony- my only complaint with Hallstatt as a town is there is a good bit of souvenir shops and touristy crap, but in my opinion it was worth it to be there- the salt mine is a very cool tour. Have fun and if you make it to Hallstatt rest assured that there is an American in Kentucky envying you and dreaming of going back soon :)

Room Tip: We had a doppelzimmer with bath and a balcony - it was awesome. Don't be in a hurry:)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlishaWitty
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I were having a hard time finding a place to stay in Hallstatt and we were referred to Gasthof Simony by the Hallstatt Tourist Office. We ended up staying here for one night in December. Unfortunately, since it was the holidays, all the rooms with views were taken so we stayed in a twin room facing the building next door with a shower (and a shared toilet). The shower didn't quite drain properly so I was showering in a pool of water. The room was somewhat basic for what we paid but I suppose it's quite normal considering how popular Hallstatt is and that it was during the holidays. The rest of the gasthof, though, was carefully decorated and felt homey and welcoming. We were (pleasantly) surprised that the guests at the hotel were so young and international, since I assumed it was mostly older travellers who came to quaint old towns like Hallstatt. Included in the price was a filling breakfast with rolls, hardboiled eggs, ham, cheese, fruits, jam, butter, etc. The breakfast may have been my favourite part. Behind the gasthof is access to the lake, although I believe this is more for the warmer months.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Hotel located very good Location, next to main Place. They have 2 side very beautiful view.
- beautiful Lake view is more relax, you will beatiful Lake night view.
- other side beautiful City view, how beautiful? if you sit next to the window and you can see many people at the main place. nearly Hotel many Restaurant and Café and beautiful traditonal House.

Room Tip: Request for good view !!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NarisaB
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here a few nights, actually staying shorter than we originally planned. But our time here was lovely. My friend and I shared one large bed, which I found comfortable, but he found a bit soft - for any out there with back problems. The room was quaint and felt very old, appropriate for the town. The bathrooms were shared and could've been nicer. The large main staircase was covered in plant life, giving it a very homey feel. Our interactions with the staff were minimal but always pleasant, nothing extraordinary. The complimentary breakfast was top notch though, large selection and good quality, they weren't skimping. A bit of a splurge for us college kids, but well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We only stayed one night here, even though we had planned for two. An older woman checked us in. I told her that we would like 2 rooms for 2 nights. After our first night, she came to us and said "okay, it's time to check out". After a long conversation, I have come to believe that she wanted to fill her vacant rooms for the night, knowing full well that she already had guests for the next. So that next day, we had to find another hotel for the night.

The food that they served here was really good, and the room itself was only average. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DesiV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallstatt
Heritage Hotel Hallstatt
#3 of 16 in Hallstatt
Gruner Anger
Gruner Anger
#1 of 16 in Hallstatt

Been to Gasthof Simony? Share your experiences!