“Outstanding Lake Water fish.”
Review of Gasthof Zauner

Gasthof Zauner
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Hallstatt
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Diego, CA
“Outstanding Lake Water fish.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My brother and sister-in-law recommended this place as one of the best dinners they had eaten during their trip 2 years earlier ... and it lived up to the occasion fully. Located up the stairs in the tiny upper corner of the main square of Hallstatt, this was one of our favorites during our 3 week European vacation. My wife ordered the fresh trout, and said it was the best fish she had ever eaten. Our waiter was interesting, too, adding his unique sense of humor. All around a great experience, and we recommend this restaurant highly. Make sure to have a reservation, as the popularity of this restaurant seems well established.

1 Thank Morobi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
“A place of fun and joy”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

That was an awsome experience ever! I heard about Hallstatt from the internet, and fell in love with this lovely city! And promised to myself that I would visit it by all means!There on the site I read about Gasthof Zauner restaurant, where they cook fish which is found in the nearby lake. Our waiter was great as well as the food he served...

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Iri2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Fresh Hallstatt's fish”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a really nice dinner at this restaurant with friendly and super funny waiters. We ordered a meal with fresh fish of Hallstatt's lake and special good sauce. Additionally, Hallstatt is so gorgeous!

However, one thing that I were not satisfied was baby seat that my son did not feel comfortable and I have to hold him during the dinner.

I really like this place and it became one of the most favourite cities I've ever visited.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Perfection!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food, excellent service in a romantic setting. I had fresh local salmon with potatoes & delightfully rich garlic butter. My husband had Pork & Beef Paprikash - which he declared was mouth-watering. I had a creamy pumpkin soup to start that was delicious, creamy & rich taste. Our waiter had a great sense of humor & made for a very pleasant evening.

London, England, United Kingdom
“great food, not just stew and schnitzel”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

as much as aI love schnitzel, it was refreshing to see a menu with some different things on it, all still veyr traditional austrian food, but more interesting flavours. not cheap, but good.

Visited September 2013