“Very special dinner”

Cuisines: Austrian, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2018

This restaurant is only tiny...you must book well in advance to get in.
It is run by a husband (chef) & wife (sommelier & front of house) team, so don't expect a quick meal.
Each dish is beautifully prepared, so take your time & savour it.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. As it was my husband’s 30th birthday, we had looked on tripadvisor for somewhere special and so I pre-booked on their website, which was very straight forward. The interior of this restaurant is in no way pretentious, and the staff and the atmosphere make you feel at home straight away. The owner is so genuinely lovely which really adds to the whole dining experience. It was a special occasion so we didn’t mind spending a bit more, but do not let the prices put you off as the quality of the ingredients and the standard of the end products are fabulous and well worth every penny. We also had a bottle of Gruner Veltliner, which was one of the nicest wines I’ve had the fortune to try.

We went for the soup option to start and both types were served with the main ingredients in the bowl and then the owner came with the soup in little teapots and poured it over. The eating certainly did start with the eyes for this course. For the main, I went for the fish (Croaker), a type I’d never had before, which was served with polenta. It was delicious and the accompaniments really tied the dish together. Despite feeling very full at this point, we both went for dessert, and boy am I glad! I enjoyed the apple omelette on a rum foam and my husband had the rhubarb pancake.....both were amazing.

The owners took the time to ask about our visit to Austria after the meal and they just seemed so genuine and wanted their guests to have an enjoyable experience. When we next visit Austria, we will definitely book here again. The delicious food and wonderful hospitality were worth every penny.....and then some, and we will remember that for a long time to come!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a truly special place. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. There is so much care in sourcing the food locally and care in putting the dishes together. The hospitality is warm and generous. We felt invited personally into a wonderful meal. The emperor and his queen are one in a million. This is not a place to be missed.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2017

this restaurant is having the best food in the whole Wachau Area. We can highly recommend to visit Hermann and Sylvia.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed November 2, 2016

Very nice family restaurant and tasty food. They have delictious menu. We recomend to visit this restaurant for sure. I recomend to do reservation there day before. When we will be in Krems again I will visit them for sure.

Date of visit: October 2016