“Ok”

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Average quality and not expensive. The service was very good

1  Thank Geneseeperks

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This place is awsome. The food is exceptional and the people are as nice as can be. My wife had the pike which she said was the best that she has had and I had sausages which also were great. Not a place for a wild time but nice and relaxing place

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We ate here twice during one week and enjoyed a variety of dishes at reasonable prices. It was what I call good home cooking, nothing too fancy but very tasty. The staff that waited on table and the proprietor were most welcoming and friendly. It has one of those relaxed atmospheres.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

My husband and I had a memorable lunch here after a long hike up to the castle. We were seated outside under the (just about to bloom) chestnut trees. The courtyard was so peaceful and located right behind the pretty little blue cathedral. We ordered the apricot "Bellini" that was out of this world. The main course was forgettable, I had schnitzel and I forgot what my husband had...But the desserts were fabulous. We had the apricot strudel and the coupe of sparkling wine with apricot sorbet. The Bellini, strudel and sparkling sorbet are not to be missed. I would go back just for those 3 items, and to sit in the courtyard relaxing :) The service was excellent. LOVED IT! Durnstein is a gem.

1  Thank ChampagneKitty
Reviewed August 1, 2011

On a warm sunny spring day while strolling through Durnstein we happened upon Sanger-Blondel and its beautiful outdoor terrace. It was all perfect - the ambiance of the terrace; the view of the nearby church; the flowers throughout; the service; and especially the food.

We tried a special drink of apricot juice with a sparkling version of the local Gruner Veltliner wine - very nice. To start a bowl of broccoli soup and smoked trout, with a subtle horseradish cream. For our main course my wife (a vegetarian) enjoyed Gemuselaibach - nicely prepared vegetable patties with parsely potatoes, and for me Wachauer Rostbraten, roast sirloin with mushrooms, apricots, wine and roasted potatoes - extremely good. In fact everything we had was very well prepared; very tasty.

A glass of wine each and a bottle of mineral water - total $51.10 euros - excellent value for the quality of food and service. Our meal at Sanger-Blondel was one of the most memorable of our trip. We highly recommend a stop if in Durnstein.

1  Thank NSMoosehead