“Delicious food in a mediocre atmosphere”

Restaurant Akropolis
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Baden
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious food in a mediocre atmosphere”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were staying at a nearby hotel and decided to try out this place based on the good reviews. I went with my 6 and 4 year old, who absolutely devoured the moussaka and pastitsio. It was excellent and nicely portioned The service was just ok and the atmosphere was uninteresting. However if you are in the area, I would recommend this place. It is not particularly kid - friendly but they do have a kid's menu which we did not order from.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank sherry s

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Milano
“Good greek food!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant, cheap, satisfied about the quality and the quantity.
We taught as starter the moussaka and as main dish a mix of meat. One of few restaurant in Austria without so many sausages that an italian really doesn't like.
Service was very nice and polite. Unfortunately they speak a poor english..
Maybe the furnishing are not so related to Greece and to a traditional greek cuisine.
But in general I advise this place.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mibe83
Lawrence, Kansas
“An excellent review in English!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We loved this restaurant. It's in a quiet part of town, and the owners are definitely authentic Greeks! Their English was good, but they definitely preferred Greek or German (my friend spoke a little of both). They gave us complimentary drinks, which were dangerously good. The food was excellent. I highly recommend the hot cheese appetizer (I forget what it's called -- sorry!). The service was very friendly. We had a lot of fun there and ate well, and the price seemed very reasonable.

• Visited April 2013