“a lovely square for a great bistro meal”
Review of Le Catalan

Le Catalan
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a lovely evening in the square. the food was all excellent, especially my 'make your own' steak tartare. The kids meal of steak and frites was also enjoyed. We quite enjoyed the church bells ringing! We followed it up with a walk up through the old town to the castle top with a great view over the region with sparkling lights.

There are newer reviews for Le Catalan

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sitting out in a pretty square on a balmy evening set the scene. The food was beautiful and the 19 euro menu delivered a la carte quality. The service was excellent and if we had one wish it would be for a more generous quantity of cheese. We will however definitely return.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just round the corner from La Cueva but in a lovely square below the chateau and next to the church, Le Catalan has loads of pavement tables and is frequented by both locals and tourists - the perfect location for an warm July evening meal. The menu is limited but perfectly adequate and with a few local and fusion twists - I had the salad of yakitori-style chicken skewers, which was delicious, and an amazing steak tartare with a full range of accompaniments to mix in myself, followed by a crema catalana which my husband really loved too. The very loud church bells are the only minor issue!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the sort of place that you think exists everywhere in France, but is in fact hard to find these days. It's the village bistro, serving freshly-cooked, imaginative food at good prices.
We sat outside on a glorious sunny day in this quiet village square away from the tourist buzz on the coast.
Service was very friendly, and the atmosphere was just perfect. The set menu was under 20€ and proved to be superb value, with everything homemade. There is a proper kids' menu too, not just chicken nuggets. Wine was good, cheap, local stuff by the carafe.
We will definitely return.

2  Thank Andy C
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Rarely am I amazed at the food I am given but this young duo are the new comers on the block.
Chef Sebastien Autie is creative and the food delicious and well presented. His partner Thomas Faure is front of house and is helpful and charming. This place I am sure will catch on quick with the locals and the foodies alike. Well done boys and I look forward to my next visit when in the region.For dinner we paid 19 euros a head a steal !

2  Thank inspector_11