“A taste of the best”

Restaurant Joel Robuchon Monte-Carlo
Reserve with
Restaurant Joel Robuchon Monte-Carlo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Joël Robuchon restaurant offers a sophisticated, accessible cuisine with Mediterranean flavors, executed by Head Chef Christophe Cussac, who promotes fresh seasonal products. The open kitchen, a distinctive trademark of Joel Robuchon's philosophy: to share his passion and pleasure of food with his guests who can enjoy a direct contact with the Chef while he's cooking.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had their Discovery menu @ 200 Euro. It was expensive for me, but worth every cent. I sat at the chef's table. Above excellent service.....It was a delight to see the chef's at work and to see the perfection on each plate.

3  Thank Floristry

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We chose this restaurant due to Trip Advisor reviews. It is a very nice restaurant and is pricey. As you walk in, the woman will take your coat, help you with your chair, and give you a stool for your purse. The interior is beautiful. You can see the kitchen working and the young men that are in there cooking are rushing around quickly to cook the food. The bread that they offer you many times throughout the meal is very good. The butter that they offer is nothing special, although they seem to make a big deal about it. The food is very good. I wouldn't say it is the best meal I ever had, but it is very good. The service is ok / good. I didn't really have to wait too much on things, which is typicaly of European restaurants. The other thing they seem to be known for is their mashed potatoes. They're good. They're not your typical mashed potatoes. They're whipped a lot more and I believe they have a lot more butter. They salmon I had was good. My husband really enjoyed his steak and he is very picky about steaks - he doesn't like a lot of fat on them. I did not enjoy my desserts. I tried some kind of sponge cake and they drenched it in alcohol, which I didn't really enjoy. I also tried a coffee profiterol, which I didn't really love, but my husband enjoyed his. The bathrooms are very elaborate and the neat thing about them is they are hidden in a book case like wall. They had ranunculous flowers throughout the bathroom and the rest of the restaurant, which is my favorite flower. Overall, the decor was beautiful. I'd definitely come to the restaurant again.

1  Thank tawnyaluna
Reviewed April 9, 2013

THE BEST MEAL OF OUR LIVES. BY FAR!
I had booked lunch at Joel Robuchon well in advance and had been looking forward to it very much. Not only is the lunch menu available online on the Hotel Metrople website, but the restaurant will also email you it if you request it, so you know what you'll be getting.
Joel Robuchon is a 2 michelin star restaurant, but there is nothing stuffy or snobby about the staff or the food.
Upon entering the lobby of Hotel Metrople, I simply asked for the restaurant at the reception desk, and the lady working there walked us through to it. Our coats were taken and we were shown to our table. The room is quite large and is decorated in brown and beige and is lovely and tranquil. Staff waited at our chairs to tuck us in and we were presented with menus. My wife was even brought a stool to sit her handbag on...now that's class!
We ordered a couple of glasses of champagne, Veuve Cliquot @ €25 a glass. A bit steep, but you're paying for the surroundings and the privilege of being there. I'm unsure if there was a house champagne that would have been cheaper than that, I think there was, but the Veuve was lovely.
Going to a michelin or 2 michelin star restaurant is always much, much, much more economical if you go for lunch rather than dinner. Dinner in Joel Robuchon would easily set you back 400-500euros, but lunch is €49 per person (excluding drinks).
And don't think that you get an inferior menu at lunch time, here is what we were offered for €49.
Cold Starters-
Fois Gras of duck, natural in a terrine.
Smoked salmon , Norwegian, served with toasted country bread.
Shrimp, lamb's lettuce salad, green apple, roseval potato and raisins.
Hot Starters-
Duckling confit on an eggplant and cumin galette.
Scallop, thinly sliced, parmesan cheese in a watercress soup
Asparagus with a crispy soft-boiled egg in an aromatic parmesan broth
Main Courses-
Salmon, roasted with braised green cabbage, spicy red wine sauce
Red Mullet, pan sauteed, leek with ginger, chorizo and saffron butter
John Dory, ravigote with purple artichokes and rocket leaves
Beef fillet a la plancha, with pepper sauce
Free-Range Chicken, lemon from Menton and eggplant caviar
Calf Sweetbreads and Kidney with pan-fried mushrooms and parsley
Spit Roast of the Day
Assorted desserts

A great choice I'm sure you'll agree. So I had the duckling followed by the beef, which was actually a large fillet steak and my wife had a Cheese Zephyr followed by Red Mullet.
Duck is my favourite and it was delicious, though it didn't really need the galette and it didn't add anything to the dish and the cheese zephyr was delicious. (it was a panna cotta type affair, made of some kind of cheese with a parmesan crisp and another type of cheese sauce)

Before our starters were served, the bread chariot was wheeled over and we chose from a selection of about 12 different types of bread. I had a saffron roll and a long crispy one. On the chariot was a huge load of unsalted butter which the waiter then scooped some from and made perfect quenelles with. Bread and butter were both excellent.

The main course was the best steak and the best meal I've ever eaten...in...my...life!
I got the steak cooked medium and the knife sliced through it like butter. I like the occasional steak, but it's not my favourite by any means and my wife rarely, if ever eats steak. But I was making such orgasmic noises with every bite, she tried it too and completely agreed with me that this was AWESOME!
Now, Joel Robuchon is famous for his mashed potatoes. "Big deal", I thought. Mashed potatoes, how exciting can they be? Well, they must have been made with equal parts butter and potato because they were absolutely historic. Combined with the amazing steak and the pepper sauce packed full of flavour, every bite was heaven and I didn't want it to stop.
My wifes red mullet was delicious and was served with tiny baby potatoes that were also incredibly soft and full of flavour.
After this heavenly course had been eaten, the plates were cleared away and we had a little rest, but it wasn't long before the dessert chariot trundled towards us.

It was heavily laden with about 10-15 heavenly looking desserts. Cheesecake, Il Flotante, Chocolate cake, clafoutis, fruit salad, rum baba, strawberry tart, ice creams, sorbets, profiteroles, cream cakes and other cakes that I can but wonder at and...here's the bets bit, you can choose a few items and have a bit of lots of items!
My wife had a large coffee profiterole and a generous slice of chocolate noisette tart and I some mango clafoutis and rum baba with vanilla cream. Then, as I hoped he would, just like in the 3 michelin star Louis XV, he poured more bacardi rum over the already sodden rum baba. Dessert was needless to say fabulous (and very boozy).
And if you want another dessert, or another starter or main course, you can have some.
Tea and chocolates completed this fantastic meal.
But I want to say that, in addition to the amazing food, the staff were brilliant. Everyone was very smiley and polite and attentive. The restaurant manager, or supervisor, or whatever he was, (he looked to be in charge), came over regularly, very smiley, to see if there was anything we wanted and I got him to talk us through what we were eating a couple of times.
The chap who served us from the bread and dessert chariots, who is in my photos, was really, really lovely and deserves a raise or a bonus.
There was no hurry to vacate any tables and when we were ready to leave, our jackets were waiting on us and we left Hotel Metropole and Joel Robuchon agreeing that we would return next year and I'm really looking forward to it.
Lunch for 2, €49 each, €25 each for 2 glasses of champagne and I had a glass of fancy wine that was recommended by the sommelier (but wasn't good) and a bottle of wine, came to about 180. An expensive lunch yes, but if you had the same food at dinner, you'd be looking at paying three times the price...and this was an event, an experience and was worth every penny. The highlight of our 48 hours in Monte Carlo.
Do yourself a favour, especially if you are in Monaco for the day, or 2, go and have lunch at Joel Robuchon and the you can email me and thank me!
Check out the photos of our meal and if you liked my review and pictures, please click the button to show you did.
Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about your booking.

5  Thank cartagia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I love the Hotel Metropole and was very happy to have breakfast served in Joel Robuchon but felt like the dinner was not spectacular for the price. I would recommend the turbot as it was delicious but still not wowed by the experience especially considering what we spent for our dinner.

1  Thank 333mary
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to Robuchon for dinner after a lunch at Ducasse, obviously we did not have the same expectations but the service was clearly below a 2 stars restaurant: between a sommelier that was refilling our glass before we even touched it and waiters that served so fast that our dinner was over in an hour the staff clearly need to be briefed about the standard guests are expecting. However, the food was delicious, the roasted caille and the purée were incredible but the desserts were not reaching the level expected. The ambiance of this place is really cosy and warm. A pity that the staff did not follow the level of the food. If you have the choice choose Ducasse at the Louis XV ( price are quite similar ). The little plus : the cake offered at the end of the dinner & the maitre d'hôtel that was really interesting to talk with ( unfortunately our dinner was already over)

2  Thank igor g