“Always friendly staff and dependable service and food...”
Review of La Rose des Vents

La Rose des Vents
Ranked #33 of 133 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've come here several times over the past few years (including today) and the service as always is very good. At many of these beach clubs along the French Riviera the staff can seem disinterested or just not have smiles on their faces.

Not so here. The staff is always very friendly here. Every time I've been here, our waiter has always spoken basic English which is nice and makes it easier.

As someone else mentioned, the food certainly isn't gourmet but to be fair, VERY FEW of these beach clubs are. This is better than most of them along the Riviera. I got the veal and it was tasty and it also included a small salad and french fries. Many of these places are totally a la carte and don't include any side items. €35 for a veal dish. Chicken Caesar salads €20. The fresh fruit can be quite expensive. I ordered a dish of pineapples and thought it would be bigger but just a few fresh slices and €11.

Drinks like all the beach clubs aren't cheap and can quickly add up. But the service is very good.

2 Beach chairs with umbrella is €35. Reservations are recommended as they can get busy. We usually just stop by or call ahead a day or 2 before. We're coming back later this week.

Also, they are kid friendly. We had two strollers for our two young kids and Dmitri our server put us in the bigger cabana type spot (the only one they had on the beach). It was appreciated.

2  Thank saintba
There are newer reviews for La Rose des Vents

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Went on a busy sunday morning, weather was great, I had reserved for 2 at the beach, the crowd is mixed, the beach was nice, as it is not usual to find a "sand" beach in this area. the service was very good, the food was good and the prices were reasonable. I highly recommend this beach and its restaurant.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This place is certainly not "gourmet" but the food was more than adequate and the terrace view over the mediterranean waterfront was very nice. I found the service to be friendly and helpful, and everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. The scallops I ordered were superb.

I would go again if only to enjoy a bottle of Provençal rosé and a lazy afternoon of people-watching.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is not high class gastronomy but good honest and clean beachside food. Lunch on the very beach, summer nights under the stars and cooler evenings on the "terrasse" with a fabulous view of the larvotto beach and very pleasant atmosphere, it's worth every euro-cent in our opinion. Try the pasta.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

To those who gave this place a positive review I can only think you must have been dining somewhere else; stale bread, tepid food, disinterested staff and location with as much ambience as a public toilet block.

2  Thank James W