“A must if you are on your honeymoon, or if you have any other reason to go...”

Le Louis XV - Alain Ducasse a l'Hotel de Paris
Reserve with
Le Louis XV - Alain Ducasse a l'Hotel de Paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 135 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since its opening, within the Hotel de Paris authenticity and culinary elegance have always been delicately combined at restaurant Le Louis XV.The menu, a Mediterranean and seasonal symphony of a style that Alain Ducasse qualifies in one word as « essential », suggests a wide pallet of exquisite dishes. The wine cellar, filled with 400 000 bottles, is a wine aficionados' dream.Indulge in this elegant room set in light and gold or on the terrace for lunch or dinner.
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner on our honeymoon. We are from New York and have been to all of the finest restaurants in Manhattan and I can say that this dining room is the most breathtaking dining room I have ever seen. And that is before you even sit down. The staff is fantastic. When they serve dishes it looks like the presentation was choreographed as if they are on broadway. This is truly a special place, and I haven't even mentioned how good the food is! Note to all Manhattan restaurants, we need cheese carts in NYC like this!

2  Thank ckubic

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Another Alain Duccasse .. another success .. and another meal you will never forget .. the cheese trolley and the dessert were both a grand finale

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We tried the Louis XV twice before it came to be run by Alain Ducasse and once afterwards. I must say that it was excellent all round the three times we have been there... The food is ledgendary and the restaurant itself is magnificient to say the least.. The ambience is excellent , but please be properly attired... simply superb

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I dined at this restaurant during this years Monaco Grand Prix, it is a most wonderful place to be in and the service was out of this world, but I must admit the food was better in Le Grill on the 8th floor of the Hotel , we had Dublin prawns to start with and the rack of lamb, then the most gigantic chocolate soufflé imaginable, with a bottle of Louis Roederer and a bottle of wine the bill was 650 euros, the bill in Louis X5 was 1060 euros for.
3 courses and two bottles of wine.
Not the type of place you go every weekend but it was my wifes 50th so what the heck it was worth every penny just to say we had been there

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Le Louis XV has probably the most visually magnificent dining room I've ever seen. It is just a gorgeous feast for the eyes. If only the food and service matched, I'd say this is my all-time favorite dining experience.

The food here is very good, but nothing to write home about. Usually a dining experience at this price point is more remarkable, but there were, unfortunately, no culinary "wow" moments.

The service was very attentive, if not a slightly laborious production. It was very clear how much time and energy was going into all of our table re-settings, bread service, etc. At first, it was fun, but it eventually became tiring.

My only complaint was that for dessert I selected an assortment of sorbets and ice creams. The waiter didn't know what flavors were available, and returned to the table to describe them. When the ice creams came out, they did not appear to be the flavors described. I asked which one was which, and he couldn't tell me -- he finally made up some guesses, which weren't correct. I LOVE ice cream, and haven't really met one I didn't like -- but I really didn't care for any of my three flavors. After a small bite of each, the plate went untouched. No one asked how our desserts were, or inquired if I might like something else instead. I shouldn't have to seek out a waiter and volunteer that I do not like something, or complain that the flavors were not as described. This was our final dish at the restaurant, and it left a bad taste in my mouth both literally and figuratively.

1  Thank Riley B