“Beyond 3 star”

Novotel Monte Carlo
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel met all of our expectations plus more. Firstly, we arrived from Nice on a day when the taxis and trains were on strike so luckily for us, having the Novotel situated so close to a bus stop (bus 112 from Nice) was a bonus otherwise we would have needed to haul heavy suitcases on foot.

The walk down to the casino takes approximately 10 minutes and all down hill. There are plenty of escalators and elevators to get you back up.

The hotel itself is clean, spacious, and modern. The "Garden view" from the 2nd floor is non existent but that hardly mattered to us since we spent most of our time by the pool or sightseeing. Breakfast was included in the room as a special package at no extra charge and surprisingly good with plenty of variety and quality. Staff was helpful and accommodating. The only issue I had was the stiff pillows but then again, I'm accustomed to down feather pillows myself.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: If a view from the room is important, then you must upgrade to level 3 or above.
1  Thank Ozziindaus
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to share your last experience at the Novotel Monte-Carlo with the other travellers. I was glad to read you loved our hotel and its courteous staff. I was also pleased to read you will recommend our hotel. I really look forward to welcoming you again to Monaco.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Monte Carlo

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located and is well appointed. It has spacious rooms with many amenities. Additionally, it is a good value compared to other hotels in this city. What most impressed me was the service of the staff. My luggage was lost by the airliner and I could not get anything but generic response from the airliner. The hotel front desk took over and tracked my luggage and provided me with continuous updates until it finally arrived several hours later. It was not just one individual but the entire front desk staff who made my issue theirs to resolve. They really demonstrated that outstanding services does make a huge difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a nice review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte-Carlo. I was pleased to read you were extremely satisfied by the front desk staff. I hope you will be back soon in Monaco to visit us.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We only stayed for one night but everything was perfect. Very large and clean rooms. The rooftop deck has breathtaking views. Hotel is 5 minutes from the Casino. The staff couldn't have been more patient and nice. They spoke excellent English! We ate outside at the restaurant by the pool. The food was excellent & reasonable for Monte Carlo. Our waitress was the best & I really wish I could remember her name. She was charming as well as efficient. We were going on to the south of France & she gave us some tips as to where to go. The whole experience was a+++++.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for posting a review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte-Carlo. I was pleased to read you were very satisfied with the staff and especially with a waitress at the restaurant. It will be a pleasure to welcoming you again to Monaco the next time.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The best staff I've encountered for a long time, 5 minute walk to casino square and 1 minute walk from main train station.
Pool view room over looked the city, modern rooms, lobby etc and excellent breakfast(pricey but is Monaco).
Near restaurants and shopping, would definately stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Neil H

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a nice review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte-Carlo. I was pleased to read you were extremely satisfied with the staff, the breakfast buffet and the location of the hotel. I hope you will be back soon in Monaco to visit us.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a nice hotel, not really anything special, a typical Novotel.
The staff were welcoming and obliging.
Pool area is lovely!
The room was fine, no complaints.

OMG the food and the drinks are so overpriced even for Monaco!!
I refused to eat or drink here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you were satisfied about our staff. Indeed, they are doing their best to answer to the guests needs. I am sorry you found the food overpriced.
I hope you will come back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Reviewed June 10, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Shakeel H
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014