OK, we decided on this hotel which is positioned on the hill above the casino and harbour because we were meeting some friends who were also staying here. Our room was on the seventh floor - 710, had an interesting view up the hill. Our friends were on on the 9th floor and whilst their room was about the same size, they got a few extras. These were a balcony with views, bathrobes, slippers, free wi-fi and a coffee machine etc, not certain if that is worth the difference in cost though! Our room was comfortable, great shower, but is starting to show it's age. Their was some mould/discolouring above the shower, the seating in the room had been stitched, but these are small gripes. No opening windows, but good controllable air-con.
The hotel has free internet in the lobby area on a couple of PC's and also an X-box with games from reception, and also an X-box connect, all free! There are also ice machines on every floor and a refridgerator in each room. Just note that the items in the fridge are slightly more expensive than outside the hotel, but unusually not substatially.
All staff were very helpful and attentive. There is a small pool area, but with limited beds.
Car parking is all below the hotel and unfortunately on a one-way system and I have to say expensive @ 25 Euros per night. The Hotels parking is on the lowest level - D. However there is public parking on levels A - C, which if you are arriving to park later in the day may actually prove cheaper - it is based on per 20 minute charges that has about 10 different time zones - between 12:00 midnight a 4:00am, 4:00 am to 5:00am etc, etc. A real joy for mathematicians to calculate the actual charge.
Now access to Casino Square - exit hotel and turn right, walk down the road until you come to the second set of steps on the right (care they are easy to miss - white marble), go down these, down an escalator takes you through a small shopping mall and you arrive at the park at the top of casino square - about 10 minute walk. To get to the harbour go through the train station - best option for getting back to the hotel - couple escalators and a lift gets you down to the bottom of the town, saves a lot of walking.
It is not the most plush of hotels, slightly outside where the action is, but good value. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Monte Carlo hotel is situated in the heart of the principality, just a short walk from the train station, the Place du Casino and the Grimaldi Forum. It has 218 rooms (including 10 Junior Suites), some with stunning views over the Rock of Monaco and the sea. It also boasts a restaurant, a bar and 12 rooms for meetings and conferences. The Novotel Monte Carlo is ideal for business travel or weekends in Monaco as a couple or with family. A secure public car park is available (charges apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Novotel Hotel Monte Carlo
- Accor Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Novotel