“closed!”
Review of La Cremaillere

La Cremaillere
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Monte-Carlo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We combine the best from classic French cuisine with modern execution. We want our clients coming back again and again to get a new tasting experience and beloved dishes.We use local and only fresh products, we are season oriented and we follow French culinary traditions and techniques. Can you guess what your dish is created from? Sure. Our food appeals to a perspicuity of tastes. But we always put our individuality in a mix of tastes so this is our revision of the classics. Every week-end we cook the Roast and burgers in the evening.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

As a birthday surprise my wife booked a weekend in Nice and lunch in Monte Carlo, here on Sunday 5th May. She received a lovely email confirming the lunch reservation and even asking what my favourite dish was to make it extra special.
It was therefore massively disappointing to travel from Nice by bus for this special treat to find the restaurant closed. The cleaner inside tried to call the management to find out what had happened (but couldn't get through) and asked us to come back for dinner that evening, but we had other plans already back in France.
We therefore cannot comment on the food, but really they should have let us know they were going to close before we made the trip. We did not receive any further correspondence from the restaurant to explain or apologise for their error; hence this review.

There are newer reviews for La Cremaillere

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Lulu Juice which is located in the Cremaillere restaurant, is a this delightful juice bar that has just recently been set up, they offer healthy deep cleaning juices and dairy free organic smoothies with the option of having either soy milk or rice milk. The menu has very intriguing witty names such as " Mama loves you", " Iron man", "wild child" and so forth.
So far I've tried two of their smoothies and one juice. From the smoothies I took "Green day" which is one of my favourite smoothies, it very tasty and filling, a perfect blend of all my favorite ingredients and I'm sure it's a drink that even children would immensely enjoy. Another is a smoothie I tried is called "Choco Maniac" (actually my boyfriend's drink) I thought would be very sweet and chocolaty and to my pleasant surprise it was just right. For juice I had something that was a lovely blend of pineapple, ginger and mint it was so very refreshing and tasty.
This place is definitely one of my favourite places to come to for smoothies and juices. You can see that the owner uses organic fresh fruits and adds some very healthy herbs such as chia seeds, Goji berries, camu berries and the list is endless.
This place is a five thumbs up and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to have spectacular brevages to wash down a meal!!

1  Thank Yixhing
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Quite by chance we saw this place and decided to give it a try. Although it looks like a sports bar it is not like those you get in the States. The food is great, but do not expect a rushed meal. They are fast with the drinks orders and then be patient. The food is worth waiting for. The juice bar is excellent. Relax, chat and unwind while doing some people watching. We had a great meal.

1  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I noticed a review below that slams la Cremaillere. This is unwarranted and misplaced. Cremaillere is definitely a good place for lunch with a menu board offering specials for the day. Then, in the evenings it is more of a sports bar with multiple screens - this has already been pointed out by reviewers below and, therefore, having read these reviews any reader should already know this. Cremaillere is not and does not pretend to be an expensive 5* gourmet restaurant. But it certainly is a pleasant place to enjoy a very good mid-day lunch and a nice burger or similar in the evenings. Plus it's a really good place to pop in and enjoy a civilised glass of wine (not cardboardeau) at a reasonable price, something that's not always easy to find in Monaco.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went to La Cremaillere based on reviews since almost all 5 star trip advisor places end up being pretty fantastic. The food was good but menu very limited for dinner (I guess I misunderstood on their website and by other reviews that they only serve burgers for dinner? I definitely did not go to monaco for a burger...) The lunch menu looks good but again a little sparse. I was expecting at least a specials menu. Also, they only had about 5 burgers on the menu and one wasnt even available narrowing the menu down by 20 percent....

The staff was friendly and decent service wise. They responded to any of our requests fairly quickly and they were really busy but it felt like they were playing catch up. For example we were out of water for about 10 minutes and then we finally asked for another pitcher before we got more water. They were very happy to oblige and returned our cold french fries very quickly and happily and replaced them with warm ones...buuuut more on that in a minute

The burgers themselves were good but definitely not the MOST spectacular burger Id ever had. Mine had foie gras and a grilled ginger bread along with arugula and caramelized onions...it felt a little dry and like it was missing a sauce or something...my sister commented on the same thing for hers. The fries came to the table cold and we sent them back. They clearly just threw them back in the fryer because the fries that came back were just covered in warm grease and were that gross old french fry texture where they are almost leathery.

The Sangria here was amazing but overall the food was decent but in no way five tripadvisor stars. This is a very anglophone restaurant so if you are tired of speaking French (we speak both and didnt mind either way) you may really like this place. Also their lunch may be much better for dinner but just be warned that dinner has a limited menu and 20 euros for an decent hamburger and gross fries wasnt really worth it in my opinion! Enjoy Monaco :)