We stayed at this hotel for three nights over the weekend while visiting family. We had a junior suite (room 324) which was delightful, clean and refurbished with a balcony terrace with sea views. One note of warning - you do overlook a private complex and as such noise can travel - the pool is part of this complex and is shared with the residents - first come first served - when its quite it is a peaceful sun trap and a nice place to be, however being shared you do get children and therefore noise and you will also hear and see the occasional helicopter landing and taking off. Room service were always polite and friendly but average waits of twenty minutes and with no in room coffee / tea facilities this can be painful. Hotel staff were always friendly and helpful, bar staff were pleasant and the concierge staff were without exception excellent. Mini bus is very useful when you can get it, but you have to really think ahead to guarantee being able to use it. Walking around is a delight with plenty of bars and restaurants within three minutes of the hotel overlooking the harbour. We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on the food other than to say what we did have as room service was very good and fresh. Once you know your way around the bus stop is literally two minutes away and routes 5 & 6 get you quickly and easily into Monaco, fares of 2 euros for a single journey are good value. If you like walking this is the place as its not actually that far to walk, certainly no more than ten minutes to the main harbour. The gardens, Casino square, Cafe de Paris are a further ten minutes (uphill) from the harbour but it is a must if and is always busy with tourists. Walking back at 1 am in the morning you will feel completely safe. The view from Monacoville is quite simply stunning and a walk up to the palace and older parts are also a must. We used the bus service (110) from Nice airpot to Monaco and back - apart from arriving fifteen minutes late on both journeys which can add to your stress levels when trying to catch a flight ! Once aboard it is a very fast, efficient and an extremely cost effective way of traveling - (15 euros each one way) and takes half an hour. I would recommend this hotel as a four star and worth every penny of its very reasonable rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Rosegarden dedicated to Princess Grace, close to the heliport with easy access to the Old town and the Casino square the Columbus offers 181 rooms including 53 Classic and 100 Deluxes with balcony or terrace - 14 Juniors Suites & 13 Suites Seaview - 1 Top Floor Apartment - Soundproofed and individually controlled air conditioning - Flat Screen TV- international channels Free High speed Wifi access both in rooms and public areas. Parking spaces under the hotel with valet service. Conciergerie - free shuttle bus within Monaco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Columbus Monte-Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Hotel Columbus Monaco
- Columbus Monaco Fontvieille