We stayed here in October 2012 for 3 nights and found the hotel absolutely wonderful.
Finding it is no problem at all - it is right near one of the bus stops, or alternatively on the other side of the Helipad. Which leads me in to location - couldn't be better. You are right on the main bus route, and only minutes walk to Fontveille Centre where you will find all sorts of shops, a shopping mall and a supermarket. Walk the other way (turn left with your back to the hotel) and you can follow the port around until you get to Fontveille Harbour - lots of cafes here and it's really quite lovely on an evening to walk around and have a drink. Yes the hotel is in a residential area, but it is by no means too far out at all. The night bus stops just near the hotel if you wish to party all night at Port Hercule, so there are no issues.
Service at the hotel was wonderful; consiege were brilliant and so, so helpful. Every day when I went to ask about how to get around and where to go, the girl stood with me and showed me on a map various routes and gave me places to visit on my way. Really helpful and will try their very best to assist.
Check in and check out was effortless. We stayed in a Deluxe room with a balcony overlooking the Rose Garden. Whoever says the rooms are small needs to have a good think - certainly not small! Very spacious, modern inside, and really lovely bathroom. Room was cleaned to a very high standard every day - no issues at all.
The bar is really sweet - relaxing atmosphere and really good drinks. Of course a premium but a) you are in Monaco and b) you are in a hotel. Therefore, a premium is to be expected. If not, don't come to Monaco - simple. Ladies I suggest you go on Thursdays as it is half price drinks on Ladies Night and try the Princess Grace cocktail. only sold at this place, and I think it is pink Moet. You get little nibbles (olives etc) to eat too.
Restaurant was really good. Breakfast - continental, your usual suspects but this was fine. Waiters were very attentive and filled up teas and coffees regularly, and were extremely chatty if you so wished to chat. Evening - pricey food but very nice. You get what you pay for. We had the burger and it was really beautiful. As I say, pricey (and you can get some dishes in Cafe de Paris cheaper!!!) but the quality was fabulous. I see they do a business lunch menu now and i am looking forward to trying that next time.
All in all, a fantastic hotel with brilliant staff and perfect location. That perfect, we are going back again. Thanks to all the staff who helped our stay along last time and we are looking forward to seeing you again. Keep up the good work.
There really isn't many negatives I can say about the hotel (I am trying) - the main one would probably be price of food and drinks but again...expect it. And it's certainly not bank shatteringly expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Rosegarden dedicated to Princess Grace, close to the heliport with easy access to the Old town and the Casino square the Columbus offers 181 rooms including 53 Classic and 100 Deluxes with balcony or terrace - 14 Juniors Suites & 13 Suites Seaview - 1 Top Floor Apartment - Soundproofed and individually controlled air conditioning - Flat Screen TV- international channels - Free High speed Wifi access both in rooms and public areas. Conciergerie - free shuttle bus within Monaco. Secured car park with optional valet parking. Parking spaces with charging stations for electric vehicles. Parking rates per car per night: October to April €25 ; May to September €35. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Columbus Monte-Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Hotel Columbus Monaco
- Columbus Monaco Fontvieille