“Something different in Monaco!”
Review of Piedra Del Sol - CLOSED

Piedra Del Sol
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

You can surely find better mexican restaurants elsewhere, but if you are in Monaco it is pretty good for a relaxing evening with friends. In the five years i lived here I never tried it but it was a big mistake! I believe I will come back more often ...

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am surprised this restauant has such good reviews.

I have been several times with friends who also like it .

I do not much like it it is not well situated the decor is old and the garden rough .

But others see it diferently obviously . would go back but only if friendship took me .

The service though is friendly .

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am from USA and visit Monte Carlo regularly. I am tired of the overpriced Italian and French restaurants around and got to know of this place through some friends. Now i dont go anywhere else!

Folks, I am not kidding here - go to this restaurant and ask for "Antonio" a.k.a. "Tiger Tony". He is the Owner. Forget the menu card unless you really and only want Mexican food. Ask him to conjure up some Italian food and you will be pleasantly surprised. The regulars know this and call him in advance to tell him what they feel like dining and he will prepare it for them. If he likes you, you will get a taste of some of the best authentic and creative Italian dishes you have ever had. Some suggestions:

- Stop by or call in in advance to discuss what you would like to eat.
- His specialties - Mushroom risotto, grilled lamb chops, mushrooms with gorgonzola, all kinds of pasta (try the carbonara), bagna couda, Shrimp scampi. Or just go with his whims and fancies for what ingredients he has on hand. Each meal will be different, but again, you need to ask for Italian.

You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Antonio customized all the food and put big smiles on all our faces. Nothing like the Mexican back home. This was flavourful and not just beans! Dad loved it and promises to go back once more before we go home. Antonio says – we can order in and to identify the customization – all we need to do is refer to the boss!

The place has easy access and some vegetarian options that suited our requirements.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I really love our Mexican Food, on arrival a very friendly welcome, looking good, unfortunately the food failed to live up to the service. Thankfully we skipped starters, our main course choices being Tacos Al Carbon, and Chilli con Carne. Both dishes were quite simply bland, lacking any life or fire one associates with Mexican cooking. All in all a massive disappointment.