“Magnifique” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Basel, Switzerland
“Magnifique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

We found this place strolling around while looking for a restaurant where to have a late dinner. Everything was closed so we did not have much of a choice. And I’m so thankful for it. The service staff was very nice and attentive. The food was excellent and I loved the way it was presented. I had as a started melted camembert, which I thought it will be some melted slices, but it turn out to be a whole camembert with a salad and prosciutto bouquet. It was amazing and I ate it all. After that I had a traditional steak tartar which was just the way it should be. My partner had a fish soup, which was presented in a carafe with all condiments next to it so you could basically make the fish soup to your liking. As a main course he had a cepes (a sort of mushroom) and scallop risotto, it was unbelievable. We had a fantastic evening with great food.

• Visited April 2012