“Good for the Price”

Hotel Ambassador Monaco
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel is definitely the best in this price category. We paid 123eur per night including breakfast. Rooms are small but clean. Central location. Unbeatable deal in Monaco. Highly recommended for travelers.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MonacoFoodie

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We arrived to Monaco and after we decided to book a two tours with the assistant manager at the desk in the lobby around 4:30pm. She kindly took care of calling the tour company to book the tours, but after, this is when it went all downhill. First, she didn't give us a recipt for booking the tour (apparently this is a verbal contract), nor did she specify a cancellation policy of any sort. The next day we received a phone call and began our day tour. That afternoon realized that our evening tour would not work out with our schedule. The tour company stated that the policy was a 24 hour notice that the hotel should have notified us about. Our guide told us to wait until the end of the tour to speak with the hotel. We arrived back to the hotel and explained to the front desk that we would not be able to make it that evening for the tour and that we were never notified of this policy. We spoke on the phone with the assistant manager because she was not at the hotel. Immediately, she began screaming at me, telling me that I should have known the policies and that "of course of you have to pay for a penalty." She was yelling so loudly that I couldn't even get a word in. She began complaining that "we couldn't Make up our minds" and that "there is a word for 'people like us' in french." People like us? I'd seriously have a better chance communicating with a 3-year-old. If she would have handled this like PROFESSIONAL, then I wouldn't even have a problem paying a penalty with the tour. This was about her nasty attitude. I am still in shock that someone would speak to guests of their hotel this way. She has no management and issue resolc

It's such a shame that the customer service here is so horrible because the hotel itself is in a nice location with a great breakfast in the morning.

Even after reading the hotel's responds to negative reviews, it seems as though they put the blame on the guest for lacking the ability of "coming and telling their front desk." They need to take responsibility for their unprofessional and poor customer service. I would much rather pay a bit more and be treated as an actual guest.

Thank you for single handedly ruining my trip to Monaco, Hotel Ambassador! I will never stay here again simply because of the rude and unprofessional attitude and customer service. They have no respect for their guest. Period.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Tkohan
IIT, Assistante manager at Hotel Ambassador Monaco, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We aknowledge your review and wanted to comment on our customer service and my behavior and its a pity that you didnt take the time to speak direclty with me when you
saw me at your check-out .

Our customer service is and, has always been completly devoted to our guest’s and I’m glad
that most of them appreciate it.

Concerning your issue with me as you mentioned, I just took care of calling the company for you since you came with the leaflet of the tours (in which the general informations, if
you read carefully, are mentioned) asking me if I could help you.

As I told,we are only intermediaries we don’t sign any contract with the guests since
we just make the call, to avoid to our guest high expenses on their mobile phone
( Customer services ) and book for the tour.

All information and general conditions are mentionned on the brochure we never had any problems with any guests .
Its true we never spoke about the cancellation policy, but presumed you already read
them on the leaflet, specially that you came from USA and Im sure that you will agree
with me that for all services or any kind of booking a cancellation is compulsory .

Just for the record, we contacted the company so that you could book for the same evening, but is was already full and you took same to think about it .

When you came back, you ask me to book 3 tours, one for monaco in the morning the other still for Monaco by night and the other one for the next day, departing from Nice.

I called them back asking differents schedules, availabilitys and the possibility for you to be picked up in Nice the day after, this because I explained you that your next hotel booking was in Cannes and not Nice like you where thinking ( and I suggested you not to book
the tour from nice but rather to visit cannes, avoidingto waste money, customers services ....)

Regarding my attitude, I was upset to be called on my private time for this kind of whim.
you told the guide that “we havent booked any other tour “ and that you would not pay any cancellation fee because you didnt signed any contract .
They called to refer me and I could believe it, I was obvious that you where lying to avoid
The penalty and it would have been simpler to handle with an adult that would just say :
“We made a mistake and wont be able to make both tours, would you be so kind to cancel ? “

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Room was good but Quite dusty, and the towels had Staines on them. I request a double bed but get twins pushed together which was a nightmare. Breakfast is very basic. Staff were friendly and helpful and had pretty much everything we forgot to bring with us.. E.g. Adaptor, umbrella, iron etc..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank emilyjanejones1
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ignore the bad reviews. Think about the location - this is good value for such an exclusive place and you wouldn't get better in Paris or London. My room was spotless, I had a view of the harbour and the casino on the hill, the staff were very friendly, the breakfast was standard continental as expected. The bed was very comfortable and I had hot water at all times of day and night. I was made to feel as if nothing was to much trouble. You just have to go with a positive attitude and accept you have not paid one thousand euros for five star luxury!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank hgc23
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Ambassador in Aug'12 for one night as a group. Rooms were small and average and the air-con was ineffective. In fact, in one of the rooms the air-con did not work at all and my friend's family had to sleep with windows open. Only positives were reasonable accommodation and central location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tres-passerr
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Traveling on business I try to find the best hotel local for my needs. Having tried other hotels in Monaco the Hotel Ambassador falls short on so many levels.
I booked a Double Room but in reality Double is an exaggeration. It had a double bed in the room and a desk there was no more space for anything else, to Iron a shirt it was an effort to get the ironing board in a position where it could be used due to the space constraints.
The room itself looked like it had recently been refurbished but nowhere near the standard as shown in the photos online or to the standard of the reception area.
Good location if visiting Monaco on a budget but not a hotel that will stay on the options list for me in the future.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mclarentraveler
IIT, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ambassador Monaco, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest, first of all we wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your sojourn in Monaco, and even more for having wroten a review. We apologie for the inconvinient you had for the small room, unfortunatly for a misunderstanding, the receptionnist gave a single room, but with large bed, which is normally suitable for one person. Concerning the picture over the internet, please consider that for all the hotel's rooms, photographs has to use a fisheye lens on their camera, in order to fit in the image, as many details as possible. This gives an impression of a larger room, but , if carefully looked, some details of the picture, may you suggest that they are not the real size.
However since you didn't have a good impression, I would like to offer a special discount for next sojourn in Monaco. Do not hesitate to contact me, and I'll be pleased to assiste you. Best regards.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hot water was not functioning in our room and inspite of calling them, they don't bother and seem to realize the problem. Only thing they say is it will start in few minutes. As soon as you call them, the hot water starts running after 5 minutes which mean that they purposely close the heating system in spite of cold weather. Also they argue that they never had such complaints. This happened three times during our stay and we are disgusted with their service. Also the Air Con does not work properly - neither does it warm the room nor does it cool it during afternoon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple