“The best place to stay in the Principality”

Fairmont Monte Carlo
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I felt like home. this is the sensation of being a guest in this big but cosy hotel. it is close to everything, both the beach Promenade and the port, both the rock and the most beautiful shops. it is clean, the rooms are wide, the staff is nice, smiley and Always available. the casino is inside the hotel and the 2 access (from the ground floor and the 7th floor) help you easily reach every restaurant and location. I was suprised and happy to find NOBU Peruvian/Japanese restaurant inside the hotel. I really enjoyed the quality and variety of the meals.
The pool has an Amazing view all over Monaco, the water is warm and some brave guests were having a swim on the 1st of JAnuary! Nothing else to say... i really enjoyed my stay, it's the perfect hotel in Montecarlo.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to receive positive comments in regards to your stay. We are happy to see that you were able to enjoy a variety of our facilities and the wonderful, new restaurant NOBU. Your praise is our greatest reward and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in the not too distant future. Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2014!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Spent eight wonderful nights here over the New Year. The staff were most pleasant and courteous. After the first two mornings, we were greeted by our name by most staff, making us feel more than welcome. They were also keen to advise us of attractions and restaurants, with a taxi just a whistle away from the hairpin bend, making us feel very special. The Christmas decorations were wonderful, and everything in the hotel seems to work like clockwork and is of a high standard. Breakfast buffet choice was vast with everything from fresh fruit to cakes, eggs, bacon and continental charcuterie and cheeses.
I had an issue with my bed finding it to be too hard. A top mattress was found immediately, but I still felt it was too hard and so a completely different mattress was found for me! I could not have asked for better service
I have unfortunately had to deduct a star due to the fact that I had misplaced my glasses and spent a day and a half looking for them, and asking various members of staff if then had been found. The room was cleaned in the morning and again in the evening. The next day I found my glasses under my bed!! How could they have missed them? Other than this unfortunate incident, our stay was just about perfect and we would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during Grand Prix week. Excellent venue for views atmosphere noise & location.
Fabulous buffet breakfast with views. Great bar restaurant all with on site casino hall.
Beautiful bedrooms luxurious with great balcony.
Definately stay again loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your valuable experience on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed not only breakfast and the beautiful views, but we are also proud that you enjoyed the famous Formula 1 Fairmont hairpin turn and that it gave you a real feeling of the atmosphere during the race.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spent the night of New Years Eve at the hotel and it was packed. Despite the crowds every member of staff was friendly, extremely helpful and the service impeccable. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left the staff ensured that we wanted for nothing. Our room was perfect - we had a view over the port and a little balcony. The only slight niggle was a bed that probably needed a change of mattress as it sloped towards the middle. We had a light lunch in the bar and as we were in a hurry this was served without delay. Breakfast had the potential to be chaotic as everyone turned up at the same time but the staff conjured up new tables and the buffets were continuously replenished. We would definitely stay here again. Happy New Year to everyone at the Fairmont!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to see that you spent a wonderful New Year’s with us and enjoyed your stay. Your compliments are our greatest reward.

From everyone here at the Fairmont Monte Carlo, we wish you a wonderful New Year - 2014!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We came here on our honeymoon and it really was amazing! The billionaires club has the most amazing views day and night! Short walks to everything and very friendly staff. The steak restaurant is amazing located on the ground floor. We came in September and the weather was lovely.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Serena B

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are honoured to be a part of your honeymoon and we hope that we transformed moments into memories that you will cherish for a lifetime. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the Billionaire Sunset Lounge and the beautiful views.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back the the Fairmont Monte Carlo soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice however I felt very uncomfortable as everything appeared for people with a lot of money. When we arrived our cases were in our car and we were told that they would be in our rooms within the hour. However after returning over two hours later, this had not happened. When we ventured down to the reception area there were our cases left on a trolley while 3 staff members stood around apparently doing little.

The next day at breakfast, the waiter literally pushed in front of me to grab my mothers chair for her. I am all for ladies first and gentlemanly manners but this was downright rude. Whilst this is not the hotels fault, it should be noted that the next morning as I left my room there was a prostitues arguing with a client in the corridor! As I said this is not directly the fault of the hotel but the area is ride with prostitution.

This aside, the view and location were fab, but I felt that the hotel was somewhat overpriced for what it actually is.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank McEnzieC

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. Besides that I regret, that the hotel did not meet your further expectations. Please rest assured of our constant willingness to offer the best service at all times. I would therefore like to invite you to contact me directly, at your convenience, at louis.starck@fairmont.com, so we can speak in further detail about your experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel sums up all that is bad about service.

We had previously stayed at the Hermitage Hotel in Monte Carlo (excellent in all ways, do stay here), but when we saw a "Christmas bargain break" at the Fairmont Hotel, we thought that we would give it a try over Christmas.

If you enjoy dismissive, rude, bombastic service, then do book here, otherwise do avoid.

Our Christmas Day breakfast was ruined by the restaurant manager, who first of all placed us on a table that an American couple had already been placed on. When they kicked us off the table, in front of a packed restaurant, the manager only made matters worse by asking me "how was I to know that the table was already full?". I did point out that as he was the manager of the restaurant, it was kind of in his job description.......... He then showed zero tact by suggesting we go and sit right next to the American couple who had kicked us off our table. An example of a basic mistake being made much worse by incompetant customer care. The restaurant manager should have apologised, held his hand up to his mistake, taken us to a nice table and then all would have been forgotten. Instead, he exhibited the worst sort of arrogance in trying to defend his mistake. Silly man, who needs a refresher on the basics of customer care.

I contacted the shift manager who was very apologetic and kindly offered to make this up to us over Christmas dinner on the hotel that evening in the restaurant, to reassure us of the hotel's abilities. I accepted this kindly offer, thanking the manager for his help.

We ate an average Christmas dinner (including a strange melting red plastic dessert) and left vaguely contented, off to loose money in Monte Carlo.

To our amazement and total embarrassment, we were virtually rugby tackled as we left the restaurant by two managers, demanding payment for the meal, claiming that we were only offered free champagne (an absolute lie on their part). This was done once again in the full gaze of other customers, causing once again a total embarassment on our part.

We met with the Food and Beverage Director on our final evening, who was very kind and actually listened. On check out, he finally cancelled the charge for the dinner (as was originally offered), but not before other members of his management team had ruined our Christmas Day through insensitive, incompetant and inferior customer care.

Our summary, stay at the Hermitage, if you want to go to Monte Carlo, where they really do deliver excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WorldGlobetrotter_8
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairmont Monte Carlo on Trip Advisor. I am of course disappointed that we were not able to change your mind on staying with us on your next stay to Monte Carlo … However if you do change your mind I would be very happy to meet you.

Xavier Rugeroni