Stopped here for a Friday night at the spectacular rooftop pool bar on a summer September night. Views and pool were amazing and it looked like the kind of place where A lister hang out.
Problem was there was absolutely nobody there and we sat down wondering how this place could not have been discovered. It was so beautiful with wow factor a plenty.
After sitting for ages with no service, someone finally came over with a menu.
Having spent prolonged periods in expensive cities such as NYC, London, Miami, I am not surprised to see high prices at upscale bars such as this one.
This is the most expensive bar I have ever seen anywhere in the world.
A basic beer worked out to be around $30...for a beer! A basic cocktail was over $45!!!
Four basic pieces of sushi were over $75!!!
I have never seen prices like this anywhere in the world.
It was quickly obvious why the bar was completely empty on a summer Friday night and even factoring in affluent clientele, this place is outrageously and insultingly expensive.
We enjoyed the view for a while then left, refusing to be part of outright extortion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Monte Carlo hotel is a unique four-star luxury convention resort located in the heart of the Principality of Monaco in between the Mediterranean Sea and the legendary Casino. It offers an unique view of the blue horizon, the famous Casino of Monte-Carlo and one of the best views on the Formula 1 circuit, the famous Fairmont hairpin.Spacious, comfortable with private terraces, its 602 rooms and suites decline perfectly the Riviera style.Fine dining at Nobu Fairmont Monte Carlo,amazing cuisine, mixing traditional Japanese dishes and South American spices and aromas; delicious and local Mediterranean cuisine at the Horizon-Deck, Restaurant & Champagne Bar, with breathtaking sea views; and non-stop service in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in front of the Mediterranean Sea at the Saphir 24, lounge & bar, open 24h/7d.Not to be missed, the award-winning 900 sqm Willow Stream Spa bathed by natural light, its ultra-modern Fitness Centre and its all year round heated pool between sea and sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Fairmont Hotel Monte Carlo
- Fairmont Resort Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Monaco