Fairmont Monte Carlo
Port Palace Hotel(Monte-Carlo)
Novotel Monte Carlo(Monte-Carlo)
Miramar Hotel(La Condamine)
  • Restaurant
Le Meridien Beach Plaza(Monte-Carlo)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Hotel de France(La Condamine)
Hotel Cosmopolite(La Condamine)
View Hotel
Hotel Le Versailles(La Condamine)
  • Beachfront
3,683 results
All reviewsnikki beachrooftop poolnobu restauranthorizon restauranthair pinpresidents clubgrand prixsea viewfamous hairpin bendriver cruisebuddha bartop floormediterranean sealarge hotelfamous casinoamazing locationcasino square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We repeated our visit with family of five in two garden rooms ( twin with roll- away and a double). Hotel unchanged from prior year but the staff seemed to be making more effort which made a good experience a great experience - small things like room service using your name to address you. Monaco is an outrageously decadent and lavish place and we find the Fairmont is perfectly placed for you to fully experience this opulence without being overwhelmed. I'd previously commented on the high poolside food & beverage prices, these remain but for some reason didn't "seem" as high - maybe I'm just getting conditioned to it. Overall we had a fabulous stay and our experience had got even better than our first visit.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are fab but the garden rooms are perfectly good ( we've had them twice) and are quite a bit cheaper that the sea view alternative.
3  Thank Bart0nFamily
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us at the Fairmont Monte Carlo. We were delighted that you ejoyed your stay with us, our goal is transform moments into memories for our guests, and we are consantly aiming to improve our service and product. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the poolside food and beverage service.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in the future.

Louis Starck - Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The whole stay developed to be an endless row of troubles. The best thing about this hotel was to leave.

- We were going to stay for 3 nights (late arrival) and ordered "Beach package" for the two full days. That was supposed to include "daily access to one of four private beaches with lounge beds, shuttle transfer and a beach bag" as stated on the Fairmont web page. This however turned out to be a big disappointment. The beach was already full and the Fairmont receptionist explained this as our fault since we hadn't reserved beds. Why weren't we informed that we needed to reserve in advance? Why didn't Fairmont just reserve beds when we ordered? We wanted to get the money back for the beach package that day, but that was also impossible. Needless to say, this was horrendous customer service. During all this the staff was unhelpful and unwilling to understand our view of the matter. The next day we luckily got a place at the beach, but at checkout we were charged with 90 euros extra for this, since the beach package was set up on the first day (when we arrived late), the next day that we didn't get any beach place and not the day we actually ordered and stayed at the beach. This too was a big problem for the man in the counter, just time after time repeating this explanation with an arrogant attitude. Luckily the manager was nearby and sorted out the matter, but this should not be necessary.

- Other than this the hotel was swarmed with staff: You had to talk and "check in" with some people just to go to breakfast. When we moved table at the breakfast because of lack of shadow, they were obviously annoyed. The breakfast itself was not anything special, a bare minimum of what to expect at any hotel.

- The rooms were ok, I slept well the nights we stayed there, but in general they looked out-dated.

Also taking into account the steep pricing I think this is bad value, and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was not a pleasant stay.

8  Thank GnusNO
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I go to Monaco every June for a conference. Previously, I have stayed at the Hermitage which I love but it was a long and hot walk away from the Grimaldi Forum. This year I decided to try the Fairmont as it is closer to the action. It is a smart hotel but I had two problems - one was that it is huge and the walk to my room took far too long and I felt uncomfortable walking the corridors late at night. Secondly, there are lots of 'girls' hanging around the lobby, presumably because of the in- house casino. There is a wonderful terrace restaurant overlooking the bay and the position of the hotel is pretty good. However, I won't be staying again - it took over an hour and a 'phone call for my bags to reach my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Minnie12359

Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us at the Fairmont Monte Carlo. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. While it is true that we have a large hotel, please note that we are happy to accomidate requests for rooms located close to the elevators. When making your next reservation, please inform the reservations department of your preference and we will insure that your request is met.

I would be happy to discuss the other details of your stay; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at louis.starck@fairmont.com. I remain at your dispostion for any further information you may require. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo.

Louis Starck - Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont in Monaco in June. I admit after reading some lukewarm reviews I was a little nervous staying here, but I didn't have to be. My husband and I had a wonderful stay here. We checked in around 2 pm; check-in was efficient and quick. When we were done checking in, we turned around and the manager was standing there to take us to our hotel room. He was very nice and courteous, telling us about the hotel and the area without trying to sell us anything.

Our room, #5022, had a sea view, and what a view! We saw all kinds of cruise ships and mega yachts right outside our balcony. It was one of the most amazing views I've ever had at a hotel.
The room was clean and had a king size bed. The bathroom was also clean and even spacious with 2 sinks and a separate toilet room. The shower stall was small but good water pressure and lots of hot water.

We stayed 2 nights and spent a good amount of time on the balcony just watching the boats go by and enjoying the sun. At night there were fireworks over the beach.

The exercise room on the 7th floor had lots of weights and aerobic machines for working out, and a panoramic view of the eastern half of the country and sea. The attendant was very nice, bringing me 2 bottles of water and a towel (didn't have to ask for them!). We didn't use the spa so can't comment on that.

We had breakfast delivered to our room one morning. We asked for a 9:30 am delivery and they arrived promptly. We had pastries and fruit and it was all delicious. We didn't eat in any of their restaurants so can't comment on those.

The entire staff was very friendly and very efficient, from the concierges to the bellmen who gave us directions and helped us find souvenir shops. The location is terrific, kinda in the middle of the country, an easy walk to the casino, beach, marina and king's palace.

We highly recommend this hotel and hope we can come back some day.

Room Tip: Room 5022 has a panoramic sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheZackClan
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights at the hotel and enjoyed our stay. The staff a very friendly and helpful in all areas of the hotel. The pool area is beautiful with magnificent views over the sea but at busy times its necessary to pay to book a space. The restaurants are stylish and food very good but expensive. Our room was nice, fairly standard decor with a lovely comfortable bed - views from garden rooms are not very inspiring ! I was surprised that wifi was almost 20 euros a day !
Gym is good with nice changing area and spa.

1  Thank Sue R