“Amazing Location, Beautiful Hotel & Rooms, Great Property w/ a Private Beach!!”

Le Meridien Beach Plaza
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed at the Le Meridian Beach Plaza in Monte Carlo for our honeymoon in August 2010. The hotel was amazing: contemporary design, private beach area with beach chairs & umbrellas for guests with drink service, beach bar, great restaurants...one of which is open 24 hours (really helpful the first night we got in at 10pm and were starving). The standard room we stayed in was beautiful with a private balcony and a view of the sea. We got room service our first morning and enjoyed a fantastic breakfast on the balcony. They are located in a great area!! The concierge was so helpful as well with directing us to local restaurants as well an amazing restaurant for our trip to Nice, France. We have already started recommending this restaurant to friends who now want to visit Monte Carlo after all the great things we've boasted about it.

1  Thank priteep26
LeMeridienBeachPlaza, Directeur général at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2010

Dear priteep26,

Thank you for having shared this great feedback on this website following your stay with us in last August.
I do appreciate the time you have taken, and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your honeymoon at Le Méridien Beach Plaza. Monaco is definitely one of the most romantic places in the world...
Be assured that I will share your feedback with all the employees concerned.

Hoping we will have the pleasure to welcome you back, best regards,

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Beach Plaza

Reviewed September 9, 2010

Dirty old fashion bathroom in a laughable deluxe room! Rooms stink of cigarettes, filthy bed linen found lipstick marks on our pillow!
Unfriendly staff had to find our own way too lifts and room, poor quality food with basic breakfast tinned fruit with only apple or banana fresh..appalling! Pigeons everywhere attacking food on everyones table at breakfast completely out of control! Staff ignoring distressed guests.
This hotel is more like a 2/3 star
This place poses a health & safety risk..DO NOT STAY HERE!

2  Thank Chrislouca
LeMeridienBeachPlaza, Directeur général at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Dear Chrislouca,

I was sorry to learn of the concerns you have expressed following your recent stay with us.
Our rooms are tough very comfortable and equipped with modern furniture. As we have several categories of rooms, I regret that we didn’t have the availability during your stay to propose you a Cristal room or one our Roof Top Suites that we have recently renovated.
However the trace of lipstick you mentioned is clearly not reflective of our usual standards of service, and be assured that your comments have been brought to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper.
Otherwise, I am quite surprise about your comments regarding the buffet breakfast. In accordance with the international Le Méridien standards, we indeed propose a large variety of breads, croissants, eggs, fresh fruits, yoghourts, cereals, cheese, smoked salmon…but also dishes created by the renowned Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
Regarding the inconvenience you have suffered from with the pigeons, I agree that this is definitely a nuisance for the entire Principality of Monaco and we already have actions in place with the local authorities in order to avoid it.
To conclude, please receive my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you have expressed and I do hope you will give us the chance to offer you another experience in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Stayed here for a work conference. The hotel was very nice. Had it's own private beach, salt water pool, spacious room.

However the walls are very thin, so not good if you intend you go to bed before 4am as people returns from their partying, or hoping to sleep in as people starts to have shower or opening wardrobes.

The services at this hotel is a APPALLING.
- on the beach bbq, my half-filled glass of wine was PULLED out of my hand while I was in a conversation with someone
- got some food from the buffet lunch (from the hotel), and wanted to eat on the beach. I was TOLD OFF by hotel staff saying you cannot eat on the beach!!!
- my dinner was taken away before it was finished. When I asked the waiter about this, he said "I'm sorry" but clearing he didn't mean this at all.

Overall, the hotel itself is 5*, but the service is 0*.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Dear sephine,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us on this forum.
I was sincerely sorry to learn about your concerns. A poor quality of service is definitely not acceptable in a four stars hotel, and I can understand how disappointing this must have been. You have my assurances that your comments have well been brought to the attention of our Banquets Manager.
I regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, and should your travels bring you back to Monaco, please feel free to contact me directly in order to assist you with your reservation. I will personally make ensure that your stay is enjoyable.

With Best regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I was very dissapointed in this hotel, I was bitten on the forhead around my left eye several times, this resulted in an allergic reaction I was directed to a pharmacy by the concierge and recieved medicine there.
I returned home that evening and ended up needing an emergency dr appointment due to swelling of the face they have put me on strong steroids advising me its sever bed bug bites!
I sent a polite email to the hotel direct 2 days ago they havent even acknowledged it!
we stayed in room 903 in which we paid a deluxe upgrade.
my advise is stay some where else the hotel is out of date you have to fight with the pigeons at breakfast!

1  Thank vaso13

Dear vaso13,

Following the allegations you have published on this website, I just want to come back on several points:
- As soon we have received your complaint, we have asked an external company to come over and controlled the room 903. There was clearly no trace of bed bugs.
- Besides, as we have written to you, the hotel is dully controlled on a regular basis to avoid the presence of bed bugs. Also the housekeeping employees are trained on spotting bed bugs. All the reports are confidential and the propriety of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, and cannot be communicated.
- We also have sent you all our sincere apologies for the discomfort you have suffered from, despite we can’t feel responsible for what happened.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Stayed in this beautiful hotel in July 2010. Service was very good, rooms clean and comfortable and the private beach was a huge bonus. As with most things in Monte Carlo, this place was seriously expensive, especially for food....£75 for 1 person for a sunday buffet main meal! Excellent location, excellent food, friendly staff but I would say the rooms near the road need better sound proofing. Monaco is awash with supercars and sometimes the noise was annoying if you were trying to sleep. Fireworks went off at 12.30am for at least 20 mins one night and it sounded as if a bomb was going off! This hotel is not for light sleepers or those wishing to hit the hay early. However, this is a fabulous hotel which I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The hotel is located right by the sea and having a private beach is something to be definitely considered when booking a vacation in Monaco in the summer time...
Staff was friendly and impeccably efficient and the food at Muse restaurant delicious!!! I would definitely recommend this place for a romantic getaway...

Reviewed August 20, 2010

I must tell you about a horrendous stay that I had at Le Meridien in Monte Carlo. We booked the hotel through our Aeroplan miles, and called the hotel to say that we are a couple with a 13 year old. We asked for an up-grade to accommodate 3 people, and stated that we were willing to pay extra for the upgrade. We were assured that it would not be a problem – we just need to show up and they would take care of the up-grade. Well, we showed up on August 7th and the person at check-in accused us of cheating. She said that we had booked the room for 2 guests, but we are showing up at the hotel with 3 guests. We explained that we had called from Toronto a month prior to check-in, and were assured that it would not be a problem. She told us that she would make an exception because we are gold level members of SPG (Starwood). I asked if we could have an up-grade (for which we were willing to pay extra), and she emphatically told us that we could only get a standard room, with no view, because we had booked the room for free through Aeroplan.

Well, a while later, we called guest services to request extra pillows. That took an hour.
We wanted to use the internet at the Business Centre later that night, and were told that they had run out of internet cards to sell. I was upset, and eventually got to speak to the person in the lobby at the SPG Gold and Platinum Members’ desk. I told him of our experiences so far, and how disappointed we were with the service level. His answer, “We are so busy that we are not offering good service even to our Platinum Members – and you are only a Gold Member.” He could see that I was getting even more upset with his comments, and he offered me his computer to check my emails.
The bell captain and his staff are yet another story. Whenever we requested a taxi, we were told that the wait would be at least 15 minutes. On several occasions, other guests came after us, offered a large tip to the bell boys, and got their taxis in less than a minute. Average going rate to tip – 20 Euros.
I filled in a comment card and handed it in to the front desk. The person who took the comment card glanced through it, and had this incredible look on his face when he read my comments. I asked him if the comment card would be read by the GM – his answer, “no, these comments are not good – so maybe not”.
Starwood should be ashamed of having Le Meridien Monte Carlo in their portfolio.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family