“Great views”

Le Meridien Beach Plaza
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were at the le meridien beach plaza in June , we had a choice of rooms with a view , one with complete ocean view and one with city and ocean , we chose the city/ocean view which gave us a fantastic panorama day and night . The room was a little tired but the balcony was big and perfect for an afternoon champagne , the private beach and bar area has a lovely ambiance , pool and pool area is huge , room service food is very good all in all this hotel is quite nice for the price although in saying that I think we only paid 450 au a night and I think that's appropriate for this hotel also staff were quite friendly .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienBeachPlaza, Directeur général at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Dear KennedysGoldCoast,

Happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us this summer!
I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write and post your feedback on this website.
We continuously try to improve our services and facilities for our guests’ satisfaction, and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.
Be assured that I will share your comments with the entire Team.

Many thanks again, and please feel free to contact me personally may your travels bring you back to Monaco in order to assist you with your reservation.

With best regards,

Michel Cottray

Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We came to Monte-Carlo for our honeymoon. My wife & I have never been to Monaco before. We decided to stay at Le Meridien Beach Plaza - the only hotel in Monte-Carlo with it's own private beach. We absolutely loved it! I strongly recommend a sea view room - we stayed in a Premium Sea View Room...it was very modern, with an amazing, unobstructive view of the water. The staff were very accommodating & they went out of their way to make our honeymoon memorable. We highly recommend going to the beach at night for the candlelit BBQ dinner. It was one of the highlights of our trip. The food was amazing...the portion sizes were huge & there was a ton of variety. This is one of the favourite hotels we've ever stayed in - we couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon location.(We compare this to the cove at paradise island in the bahamas!!)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienBeachPlaza, Directeur général at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Justin K,

I am glad to hear that your honeymoon in Monaco is such a great souvenir!
Thank you for the kind comments on our services and facilities that you posted on this website.
It is very satisfying for me and the entire Team to know that your stay went well, and we are proud if we took a little part in making your honeymoon an unforgettable moment!
Also, I am happy that you had a memorable experience on our private beach, enjoying our BBQ at the sunset.
Be assured that I will share your review with all the employees concerned.
I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on another occasion in the Principality.
With best regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had a wonderful weekend at this hotel. Flew into Nice and took the helicopter ride - such an amazing experience! Hotel lobby was quite hectic when we arrived so check-in took a while, but staff was very nice. Amandine at the front desk was especially helpful. Got a nice modern room with views of the ocean and the beach - we were very happy with it.
Loved the beach area! We easily got a spot at 10 am, but I saw it fill up later quite quickly. Pool was also nice, but I pretty much did all my swimming in the sea.
Had lunch outside at Muse and were very impressed by both the food quality and the lovely setting.
Location is a bit further off from town, but easily accessible by bus. There are also good restaurants even within a walking distance.
Overall: loved it and can't wait to be back next year!

Dear Aquagirl101,

Happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us this summer.
July is indeed a very busy period for the Principality – in addition there was this year the Princely Wedding – but I am glad if the entire team has succeeded in making your experience at Le Méridien Beach Plaza agreeable.
Thank you especially for your kind comments on the restaurant Muse, I will share your feedback with our creative Chef Mr. Jimmy Desrivières.
We would be delighted to welcome you back next summer, so please feel free to contact us directly in order to make the best arrangements for your stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I spent seven nights here (in two parts) and had a great experience.

I had a room upgrade (for the first stay) which overlooked the private beach, The second stay was in a lower priced room but excellent quality. Note the upgraded room had no shower – only a bath – which was inconvenient, but I could hardly complain because of the upgrade! My colleague was in the opposite room; same view, but a shower and no bath. If you have a preference, it might be worth requesting.

One thing I happily noted, which I haven't experienced at other hotels, was the house-keeping staff manning the hallways in the morning watching for people to leave their rooms. Each morning upon returning from breakfast, my room had already been cleaned – a great idea.

The hotel restaurant was quite good; the beach bar was excellent. All the staff I encountered were very good; some were excellent, particularly the gentleman looking after the restaurant and the check-in staff.

I noted a previous review criticising the lack of wireless internet. I prefer cabled internet and use my MacBook to share the connection to my wireless devices. A good travel accessory is an Apple Airport Express if you have wireless only devices (it creates a wifi hotspot from a cabled connection.

I enjoyed renting a jet-ski from the hotel that was new and comfortable – they are more often cheap and nasty.

There are some good places to eat nearby and about a 15 minute walk to the famous casino and tourist areas.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Gregga63,

I do appreciate the kind comments that you posted following your stay with us in July.
Thank you very much for your time and feedback that we value very much.
We indeed propose different kind of rooms and bathrooms, so if you have any preference, do not hesitate to let know our Reservations Team next time. The Team would be delighted to inform you about the specificities of each category.
Also, our Executive Housekeeper will be happy to learn about your comments on his team, thanks for them!
Many thanks again for your advice on the cabled access for Internet. However you may appreciate to learn that we have now installed the wifi, available from all the hotel areas since August 1st.
We would be delighted to welcome you back on another occasion, so please feel free to contact us directly in order to make the best arrangements for your stay!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Cheapest room was $770 US - and you don't get a lot for that - but you ARE in Monaco! If you have to stay in Monaco or money is not an option, it is a very decent hotel. With Bentley’s, Rolls Royce’s, and other luxury vehicles in front of it, I thought that we were in for something special. Of course I used SPG.COM points to pay for my stay as $3000 for two nights for my family was waaaaay more than I will ever spend on a hotel.

Staff out front were very ready....at least they were ready to move our rented and beaten up Citroen car away from the Bentleys. Check in was fast as was checkout. I liked the option they have to credit you 5 Euro or 500 spg points for every night you don't have housekeeping tidy up the room.

There is a small, private beach (supposedly the only one for a hotel in Monaco) and people just leave their pool toys when they leave - so you don't have to bring any (buying one will cost a minimum of 35 Euro).

We are SPG platinum level and are supposed to be upgraded to the best available room or a suite upon arrival. I don't think they do so unless you call them on it (they upgraded us - but it was a lowest upgrade they had) - so you really have to confirm with them. There is no lounge - so platinum members do not receive snacks at night nor breakfast in the morning.

So, anyway, you don't get a lot for $770 - a medium-sized room (with room to put an extra bed) with a comfortable bed and good air conditioning. There were bath salts and excellent soap products in the bathroom. We had adjoining rooms with our children. They had a TV in the bathroom and a door on their shower - we didn't. As soon as we tried opening the connecting doors, both handles came off. They sent someone up quickly though and had that fixed. Microwaves are not allowed in the rooms - so don't ask for one...

Location is decent though nowhere near a grocery store. For some people $770 isn't a lot - but in my opinion, if you can get it using points or at a reduced rate, it is a nice place in Monaco.

1  Thank ChiefSadler
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I booked this for a short break fri to Monday. It was the best short break ever. Beautiful country and hotel could not fault anything in any way. We flew into nice, and then was transferred by helicopter to our hotel, the experience was so special and that alone made our holiday, when we arrived at the hotel we were not dissapointed it was beautiful our suite was spacious and well decorated we had a large balcony overlooking the beautiful bay. Breakfast was included and had a vast selection to choose from, nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the hotel, they can even arrange A car to take u to the casino in the evening however we did not use it as the weather was so beautiful we walked the beach most evenings it's a 20 min walk into the main Monaco marina but well worth it as the scenery alone the way is spectacular. The old town is the cheapest place to eat and accessible by bus we bought a daily pass for a few pound and there is a bus service from outside the hotel. You can also get the bus to the botanical gardens which was a wonderful few hours walk around. Overall we felt like superstars in this beautiful town and will be returning with the children as the beach is also amazing. I will be retiring here if I win the lottery!! Lol I love it. Research the area before you go because there is so much to do in such a short time and it really would be a shame to miss out on the princes car collection or the changing of the guard at the princes palace. Truly a magical wonderful place x

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank RussandNik
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We took 3 rooms to celebrate my sons 18th, you'd have thought that would focused receptions’ mind? Not so, the third room was not ready until 6pm. However we were offered a complimentary drink in compensation....turns out to have been a valuable offer!

I suspect the effect of the rude Eastern Europeans has rubbed off on the staff. It is normal to expect French staff to be surly, it's part of their allure, but this hotel has cornered the market.

I am not sure where to start on the cost, happy to pay exorbitant prices for top quality, this was suitably exorbitant and very average.

Yes this hotel has a beach , but there is little room on it, more like a seal sanctuary. Not worth the premium the hotel demands.

In summary, pay less for more somewhere else

1  Thank IanMeekins