“Bad mussels”

Ranked #99 of 134 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

They advertise their mussels with fries at a great price. We came in for two orders. I have no other pleasant way to describe the dish, other than when they removed the lid from my bowl of mussels it smelt of sweaty bum. It was the same for my boyfriends dish. They certainly were not fresh or palatable. I cannot say anything for the other menu items, but I have never had a batch of mussels smell as horrible as the ones I had here. Pick a different item.

There are newer reviews for Le Botticelli

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Le Botticelli stood out among the several restaurants we passed in Monte Carlo on a walking tour not only because of the beautiful view of the harbor but the very affordable offering of steamed mussels in white wine and tomato sauce.

The restaurant during lunch was eerily quiet. We were the first patrons, and then only two more tables were filled. This may have meant that it was not a popular choice for locals. Regardless, the mussels I had were delicious and came in a huge bowl, maybe 50 mussels in all. And very affordable, too.

The service was relaxed and charming. The waitress spoke okay English and was very pleasant.

Monte Carlo or Monaco in general can be expensive, but this place gives good seafood that will not break the bank. And you can eat while ogling the super yachts nearby.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Working on a cruise ship, I come to Monte Carlo fairly often. While I have tried many places, I always seem to come back here. Nice variety and friendly service. The portions are huge...so you definitely won't leave hungry! This is my regular hang-out every time I visit Monte Carlo. 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Enjoyed very nice lunch of moules fritte - a la creme perhaps little rich/too creamy but still good - delicious small, sweet mussels accompanied by excellent chips!

Decent value if you add in the view (overlooking the beautiful harbour packed with expensive yachts!)

But did spot wasn't the set-price advertised outside on billboard - more than double price apparently advertised - so just exercise a bit of care if that's what draws you in.

1  Thank ScottishCoupleMid40
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Pizza margarite was wet and cold. Staff couldn't solve this issue. Forget this "restaurant" and shoose another.

1  Thank Ewp64