“Amazing Place, fitting with the Monte Carlo vibe”

Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a wonderful long weekend with my girlfriend recently. The staff there were impeccable, welcoming and friendly. From the constant cleaning of the room to the advising on bars and restaurants. 1 small gripe is the slow-service received at the pool as stated by a few others however i do feel that this is more a 'Monte-Carlo' thing than exclusive to the hotel.

The room, was fantastic, possibly the best shower i've ever had.
The new pool area, we loved it - can understand it being a bit odd to have it surrounded by seats for people eating, however we enjoyed it immensely and what a better way to dry off after than to lay on one of the many beds on offer. Wonderful.

We ate that the Joel Robuchon restaurant on site, the food there was fantastic and likewise the service at breakfast is unfussed and well thought out.

Overall, one of my favorite hotels. We shall definitely re-attend and i hope to do so soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had to end our trip early and book a flight back to USA because of the hotel metropole. Upon arriving we were shocked at the lack of service. Concierge acted as if they were doing us a huge favor. But this was no big deal compared to the Room. It was UNACCEPTABLE! To spend nearly $1,000 on a "deluxe" room only to find out the room is the size of a shoebox, the bed is two little beds squeezed together that separated the whole night, the tv is broken, (noone could fix it even after spending an hour in our room) there is a weird hole in the wall in the bathroom and the worst of it all: no shower in the room. Just a bathtub. We tried to reason with the front desk and the best they could offer us was to let us leave and not charge us for the second night. The hotel was fully booked so we couldn't even look at other rooms. Unfortunately all other hotels in the area were booked as well so we decided to end our trip a few days short. Whatever you do don't stay in room 18!!!! And think twice before booking here. This is not a classy establishment.

• Stayed: August 2013
14  Thank RUELK1
Reviewed August 11, 2013

From the moment we turned into the welcoming archway into the Metropole we were transported into a world where service was perfection. From the professionalism of the Concierge and Reception staff to the treat of the Restaurant for my husbands birthday and the staff at the stunning pool area - this hotel knows how to look after the customer! We hope to return very soon but will have to save up first!!! Thank you Metropole!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nuttshouse
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My Mother had gone to Monaco to vist family when she fell ill and had to be taken to the hopistal. I was in a rush to go to Monaco and decidedt to stay at the Metropole for some peace of mind and tranquility. The hotel staff were amazing, I was upgraded to a fantastic large room with a view of the sea and the casino. Eventhough I was in Monaco for a family emergency they made my stay very special and understood the pressure I was under. My Mother ended up being fine. After I heard the great news I was able to go to Yoshi the asian reastaurant on property that is truly a jewel box and finally relax with a glass of champagne and great asian fare. The lounge in the lobby is wonderful for drinks, lunch or tea and the breakfeast was spot on everyday, I would like to return to the Metropole for leisure and enjoy the property and all that monaco has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Fatemeh L
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the best hotel in Monaco and probably the best hotel ever! There are no flaws that we found during our stay, it is beautiful, the food is delicious, the Spa is a place you never want to leave, the staff is kind, helpful and will do everything to make your stay memorable. The location of the hotel is in town so walking distance to everything, besides for the fact that the best shopping of the town is found in their own galleria down stairs. This is the only hotel I would recommend in Monaco and the only Spa I would recommend as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to the Metropole with my family about 6 or 7 times since 2006. It has always been our hotel of choice. This until now.

There has been a steady decline over the years and although the public space, rooms and spa are nice, the level of service has dropped to unacceptable level for a Monte-Carlo Five star hotel that is a Leading hotel of the world.

1.) Upon arrival we were asked by the receptionist if it was our first stay. (as I said, we have been many times in the last few years)

2.) When we arrived, we specified to the guest relations person showing us our room that all the luggage could be brought to one of the two rooms. We then went to lunch and upon return an hour later found no luggage. We called the bellboy and were told "its not our fault, madame, you haven't labelled your luggage correctly". The man who delivered the luggage reiterated the same message. No apology offered.

3.) Booked a helicopter for the return to the airport on the day of our departure. Was told that I could leave at a certain time and I would have plenty of tie to catch my flight I insisted that maybe I should take the helicopter a half hour earlier and was told that I should just trust them (as if I didn't know what I was talking about). I almost missed the flight. I was told by the helicopter crew that I was cutting it too close.

4.) The redesigned poolside is quite awful. The furniture, although I am sure quite expensive reeks of kitsch 1960's motel lawn furniture and is less comfortable and elegant. Although the uniforms are nice the large wall portraying ancient roman or greek decadence is out of context at Le Metropole.

These may seem like small issues, but when you are paying more that 500 euros a night for a standard room, everything should be perfect. At the very least, things should stay consistent and not deteriorate from year to year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ragermeister
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fabulous hotel smack bang in the middle of Monaco but cleverly hidden in a discrete cul de sac moments away from Casino Square. Classic blend of traditional luxury with contemporary influences. The lounge is a sophisticated yet relaxing place to take coffee or a glass of champagne whilst listening to Hotel Costes style music. We had a superior junior suite, not overly large but very comfortable, my only criticism would be that the bathroom could be better and more wardrobe space. Mini bar very expensive but this is Monaco. Joel Robuchon restaurant superb, food not wildly expensive but wine is - our meal for two cost £380 but it was sublime! Pool area amazing, recently redesigned by Karl Lagerfeld. Service at this hotel very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple