Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo
Fairmont.com
$198
$192
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjoel robuchon restaurantdeluxe junior suitehermes toiletriesbeautiful hotelfairy talepool areade pariscasino squareimpeccable servicemichelin starhotels around the worldperfect locationold worldtreated like royaltypublic areasfrench rivieraan upgrade
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Expensive hotel but good service and beautiful property Unfortunately the pool was undergo structure this year and had to make alternative arrangements. I've been staying there or past15 years And will do so next year as well

Room Tip: Breakfast was way too expensive
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank andrewshka1121
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was the second time I have stayed at this wonderful hotel. However there were a few little issues which 'niggled me' Firstly, this time I booked through Amex Platinum which offered an upgrade to the next level. During my first visit in 2011 I stayed in a Superior room which is basically the cheapest available. Very nice, yes, but small with a view over the hotel courtyard. So this time, having been upgraded to the dizzy heights of a Deluxe room I expected something better. Infact the only difference was the bathroom which was bigger. The actual 'bedroom' area was only 16 sq. metres, the rest of the space taken up by the entrance hall and bathroom. That said, the room was spotless and the bed just the best ! There is no iron or board in the rooms so I had to contact housekeeping to have this done for me. I had three items pressed and was told it would cost 10 Euros each...o.k. I accepted that, only to find on the receipt that 30% was added. Why ? A small case of 'taking the ****' I think ! The last of the minuses relates to 'boy racers' The hotel has a long entrance which is a driveway as well as the way in and out for residents. Why the hell do idiots have to try and impress by using the hotel entrance as a drag strip ? I feared for my life on one particular occassion..and not an F1 driver in sight ! O.K. So now the good bits....and there are plenty : Staff are wonderful in every department of the hotel, very attentative without being overpowering and treat you with total respect.... no matter what size your wallet is. The ambiance is classy but relaxed and the interior design is stunning with wonderful floral decorations throughout the foyer/lobby areas. Finally...the food....WOW, WOW, WOW ! I had two evening meals in the bar area which is served via the Joel Roubuchon restaurant. Oh my God, I have never tasted food so good and I never thought mashed potated or 'puree pomme de terre, could taste in such a way that suitable superlatives fail me ! This is definately something, (£ssss) permitting, lovers of fine food should experience, it is just amazing ! I can understand why this hotel was voted best in the world a few years ago. I will defiantely be back, hopefully with my wife next time when I would love to take her to Roubouchon's and Yoshi ! Better start saving right now !

Room Tip: Ask to see room /s first. I was shown a junior suite in anticipation of future visits which was very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CookieMarskeU_K_
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Really Sophisticated ,stylish hotel with out being intimidating. Great value and excellent location in heart of Monte Carlo .
Service was impeccable .shopping centre below has anything you would need . Lovely walk up to the Palace is a must.

Room Tip: I was on the 6 th floor overlooking courtyard . Very quite and sunny
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kathy2908
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here on business for the Monaco Superyacht show in September . I found the location, service and overall experience excellent. he staff were very attentive and I had no complaints.
Cannot comment on food or drink as we did not eat in the hotel.
Location is great both for business and pleasure..just round the corner from the Cafe de Paris.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a junior suite at the Metropole, we were told that the pool would probably be finished, as it was advertised Summer 2012, the fact was, this was impossible the scaffolding was still up and there was no chance of it being finished for at least three months after we left. On the first evening we went to the bar before going out two glasses of half full champagne cost 50 euros, a total rip off. The breakfast was the best experience lovely attentive staff, who we recognised from a previous stay. We decided not to use the Spar as it had been relocated to a hotel room on the second floor, but still charging full price, the hotel sadly has moved towards the super rich Russian/Arab market pricing others who are not prepared to be ripped of out of the market.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple