“Not the best mozzarella”
Review of Mozza

Mozza
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed there with a big company for a dinner. The care is situated in the center of a noisy road with cars passing by all the time. All in all were satisfied. The menu wasn't diverse but you can find everything to your taste. We tried the collection of 3 different mozzarella for 30 euros - to me it tasted as if it was bought in the nearest shop. On the contrary the steak was excellent. The wine and the service was up to standard. And also, being at an Italian restaurant you better order a tiramisu rather then a french creme brullee.

There are newer reviews for Mozza

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The service and food are excellent. Not a massive menu but what you get is well cooked and quality. Try the trio of mozzarella to start and follow with the steak. The bruschetta with their own marinated tomatoes is amazing and unique.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by concierge at Fairmont. I checked on Trip... Decent ratings and off we went after reserving a table.

There was no table reserved. But he did find us a table fairly quickly yet with a palpable delay.

Service is probably the worst part. In month of August everyplace is busy but not every place is slow. These guys definitely took their sweet time in taking the orders and then bringing the food.

A glass of sparkling wine was served as we sat on the table. We didn't ask for it and we're not sure if we wanted it or if we would be billed for it. But someone had to actually show up for you to ask the question. So we took our sips since nothing else was on the table.

I chose the wine myself. There was harly any input about the bottle. Other than 'its good'. I am no wine connoisseur but normally I am able to pick a decent wine. No luck here. Wine was no good and we left abt half a bottle. I don't blame them for this.

If u r not into sea food or not in a mood for it, this is not the Italian place you want to be at. Mozzarella was ok. Nothing spectacular.

I got beef entrecôte which was so so and my wife got chicken with stuffed asparagus etc which was different but again nothing spectacular. The side of mashed potatoes was coldish.

We didn't bother to try their desserts or coffee.

And btw, if having a quiet dinner is ur plan, the Ferraris on the roads at both sides are not electric yet!

1  Thank quattromd
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It was the second time that I have visited this restaurant. The first was on May when I had a meal and the second last week where I had a dinner. The reason that I visited again was the perfect fried calamari and the very good rissoto. The only dissonance was the ceasar's salad. Very good service. I will definitely visit it again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were advised to eat on Rue du Portier by a friend before we set off on our trip of italy and were not dissapointed at Mozza. We stopped by at lunch time to relax and do a bit of people wathcing.

The menu was fantastic and the prices very reasonable especially for Monaco. We both had one of the set menus and had the salmon salad to start followed by the bresola and parma ham plate with mozzarella and salad. Great portion sizes too.

What made this meal even better was watching the Bentleys, Mercedes etc pulling up at the restaurant next door and being valet parked. Very amusing I must say.