“Go for the view - exceptional people watching”

Brasserie du Cafe de Paris Monte-Carlo
Reserve with
Brasserie du Cafe de Paris Monte-Carlo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 135 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A famous meeting-place, the Cafe de Paris lights up the Place du Casino. A chic and stylish brasserie where you can enjoy seafood, fun dishes and traditional foods. With its high-tech decor, the recently renovated Bar des Jeux is the place to meet up at the start of trendy evenings. To the tinkling of the jackpots in a gambling ambiance, discover one of the many cocktails on the menu.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

There is no location on earth that will provide better people watching and the cars that drive past, well some of the most expensive cars you will ever see. We didn't eat and I don't think that is why you go to the Cafe de Paris in Monte Carlo, you go to people watch!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,737)

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my boyfriend after convincing him we should go, he ended up enjoying it more then I did! (Probably had something to do with the nice cars going by) I ordered a Mojito (19€ ouch!) and a beer for him (10€) we got the best seat we could find to view cars but was unfortunately out in the sun, so I felt like I was melting the whole time. The mojito was so-so, nothing to get excited about. Our waiter was very nice although the man who guided us to our seats came off as nice at first but once we said we were just having drinks, not food, he looked uninterested and waved us off to the drinks area. All in all it was a steep price for viewing cars but it was better then standing in traffic gawking at the cars. Perhaps next time I'll have my wallet a bit more prepared for it!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Sheer luck that one of the best tables for people watching (me) , car watching (him!) came free as we arrived. Hardly noticed the quality of the coffee, (delicious) it is a whole experience just to blend in to the razzamattaz that surrounds you!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have previously visited Monaco many times and often stopped by this café in the main square to enjoy a drink and people watch (as you do in Monaco).

However - arriving with children I may as well have had a sign around my neck saying plague! Despite my children being a little older and very well behaved, the waiter totally ignored me, until I decided to just go and sit myself down at a table. He then treated us abruptly (not just us, but I actually commented to a nearby table, who too were astounded at the rudeness of the staff).

Having ordered our drink and paid, we specially waited for our change until eventually I had to ask for me E10 change (this was despite me already saying what poor service we had received - still wanted a tip).

The place is full of people who perhaps remember it from its glory days. Women who have had one too many face-lifts, older guys with their younger models - not my cup of tea. Shall not be returning.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I would recommend the place or coffee and dessert. Order the eclaire and mille feuille. We had lunch and the food was ok.

1  Thank HAMSR