“Dreadful Service, Never Again!”

Cafe de Paris Monte-Carlo
Reserve with
Cafe de Paris Monte-Carlo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A famous meeting-place, the Cafe de Paris lights up the Place du Casino. A chic and stylish brasserie where you can enjoy seafood, fun dishes and traditional foods. With its high-tech decor, the recently renovated Bar des Jeux is the place to meet up at the start of trendy evenings. To the tinkling of the jackpots in a gambling ambiance, discover one of the many cocktails on the menu.
Alton, United Kingdom
“Dreadful Service, Never Again!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited here with a few girl friends on a day trip from Nice. We were all so excited but this place was a real let down. The service was unfriendly, like they are doing a favour to serve you. The waitress tipped champagne down my back spoiling my dress and hair. I had an apology "it was an accident." but no offer of a free drink or anything off the bill. We asked for the manager to be told he was busy. Eventually he deigned to speak to us and told me to send him the dry cleaning bill. Appalling service and attitude. €74 for 4 cocktails and no, we didn't leave a tip!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Gong show.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

If sitting in a crowded cafe, waiting to be served and eating just average food heightens your experience of people watching and the usual conversation that goes with it, then this will be of interest to some. We stayed at the Hotel de Paris and really lost interest in this side show. There are other sidewalk cafes in Monte Carlo with better service and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Athens, Greece
“Shame That The Best Spot in Monte Carlo Has such a Terrible Cafe!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

After being suggested by friends to visit i decided to give it a try..What a waste..This place is a disaster and its a shame so many people go and spend money there..Terrible Service( guests pouring champagne and wine by them selves) arrogant staff walking around(trust me you will be lucky if seated and your order taken) i ended getting up after 25 mins and leaving after waiting for somebody to ask me what i would like to Eat or Drink..This place is Tacky with Cappucinos and china wear stuck in 1900 and the Decor ughhh...Forgot to mention that nobody seats you and everybody just jumps the line for a table.i finally got one only to be told that it was on the borderline and nobody could serve me?????? what?? the table belonged to them btw..such a shame because this place could be amazing if managed well..due to its location..

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“When in Monte Carlo...”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's the place to just sit & watch the rich, beautiful & outrageous go by. The food & drinks are quite average, and although expensive, it wasn't St Marks Square, Venice prices!!!

At least I can say I've done, if only the once!!

Brisbane
“Where not to eat in Monaco!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

On a hot day and looking for somewhere for lunch we thought we'd try Cafe de Paris. A huge disappointment. As someone with coeliac disease and with little French I ensure I carry a card written in perfect French detailing that I can't eat gluten. The waiter glanced at it and said " no problem". I checked with the waiter about my order and he confirmed it had no gluten. When the meal arrived, there was something that looked like it contained gluten. So after asking (thankfully before I ate it) it was confirmed it contained gluten! Not good enough! This sort of thing can have dire consequences including for people with serious allergies. My chicken was dry and tasteless but my partner's steak was cooked to his liking.