“Good food, fantastic view.”
Review of Le Saint Benoit - CLOSED

Le Saint Benoit
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Good fish restaurant in a very nice location overlooking the port of Montecarlo.
Price on the high side, but something that you can expect for such place.
Service not particularly accurate for the place.
Entrance door and reception really awful.

There are newer reviews for Le Saint Benoit

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had dinner here recently with two friends, as part of a 'Monte Carlo by night' package. The menu - a special 'package menu' and not the full restaurant menu - was quite limited. One of my friends ordered fish soup as her starter: it was extremely salty, and she ate hardly any of it. Apart from this the food was acceptable but not outstanding in any way. The service was poor. The waitperson cleared the almost-untouched bowl of fish soup without comment, not asking if there was a problem; indeed, at no time during the meal did any member of staff ask how things were. Food was placed in front of us and cleared without comment, the waitpersons often leaning across in front of one or other of us to serve the others. The staff did not appear to be enjoying their job. The dining room was devoid of atmosphere. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank anorakk
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great terrace with views over the port of Monaco and the Palace. However, what looks like a promising restaurant, will soon disappoint you. The food was good but the whole experience was ruined by staff who were uninterested and dismissive.

This is not our first dinner there, and everytime we've had the same experience with the service...

Unless if we have to, we will not return again.

1  Thank Epikurienne
Reviewed June 8, 2012

As part of a group of 13 (I know, bad luck) attending a function at the Hermitage Hotel,we had a very good dining experience. It could be difficult finding the place if one didn't have a guide as we did. Everyone enjoyed the meal, the John Dory and sea bass coming in for special accolades. The amuses-bouches were two kinds of cheese on croutons so nothin special. My mixed salad was good and the lamb rack I ordered was cooked to perfection but it was a huge helping. Others who ordered steak cleaned up their plates. I did not eat dessert but other enjoyed theirs. I was impressed that the waiters were so efficient as they had several large table to contend with. Cutlery was replaced correctly after each course so I didn't end up with a fish knife for the lamb! Wine was topped up regularly.

The view is quite lovely at night with lots of lights. We were guests of a corporation so did not pay, and my menu was the one without prices, but I know this is a very expensive place to dine but for a special occasion this would be a good choice.

By the way, the restrooms are tiny and only one of each, but clean.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Just follow the directions given and when you walk past the parking payment station, through the nice terrace garden and down the stairs, you will find one of the finest views from a dining establishment in Monaco. Try to reserve before you go- a seat close to the window...

A well prepared and delicious meal awaits and if you just keep an eye on the servers when they are busy.

This restaurant offers a whole range of seafood and meat choices with fabulous St. J Scallops and perfectly prepared Beef Filet with anchovy sauce (being from Alberta, Canada I can say this is one of the best I have had!).

Jim and Galina Vincent